• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

my 74 resto project

hdwrench

Reaction score
hello all. we’ll we tore into it , starting at the rear with complete tail panels , trunk floor , trunk extensions, inner and outer wheel houses then full quarters . got lots ahead of us but i’ve accumulated most of the new pieces on hand so it should progress nicely. i bought both the stock width inner houses and the new amd 3” wides. i’ll use the stock width for fit up and then decide if i need or can use the wider ones . still to be determined if the wide ones go in the car what else has to be mods to finish it ? things like seat , interior panels …if anybody has done this let me know of anything you have encountered.

245C38C5-B1FD-498F-80D3-B1F3998A06DD.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Looks like you have a big project ahead of you.
Keep us in the loop as you move along with the work.

hdwrench

Reaction score
progress far , we welded gas tank support to new trunk floor then zip screwed into position, moved over to demo on left wheel houses , we replacing both on both sides ….took a hard look at installing the amd wider inner wheelhouses and decided not to do so , i’ll get plenty additional tire clearance just moving springs inward .

190CCE2D-10A8-4B7C-A9F7-93852A411FF4.jpeg

D0EEE552-3B9E-4F6F-94E7-0D6AE583650A.jpeg

hdwrench

Reaction score
i do have a question for y’all, on the right side trunk drop down , is this large oval hole in amd part correct ? i don’t recall it being there …

A604B639-8DAA-4E94-B696-72B9118EE073.jpeg

SFEbody

Reaction score
Progress is moving nicely, I just did the same with my project. Just a FYI, when you put your new springs on, I think the shackle bolts face inward not outward like yours are now,.. if you give a flip,..LOL

Buckminster

Reaction score
Really appreciate the photos. I'm about to have my rear taken apart. Got T-boned by a person who ran a red light. Having the bulk of it replaced with new SM.

IMG_0324.JPG

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Really appreciate the photos. I'm about to have my rear taken apart. Got T-boned by a person who ran a red light. Having the bulk of it replaced with new SM.

View attachment 110061
Ouch! That must had been where the "high-impact" color name came from? Sorry, could not resist. Man, that really sucks - how could someone not see you, really????

Buckminster

Reaction score
Ouch! That must had been where the "high-impact" color name came from? Sorry, could not resist. Man, that really sucks - how could someone not see you, really????
The person was looking at their phone. Admitted fault, but we're still looking at a year or more to get it resolved.

NoCar340

Reaction score
can anybody recommend a spring relocate kit or any to avoid ?
I used a US Car Tool kit on my '69 Valiant. Very heavy-gauge metal and good quality. I didn't use the shackle tubes, but it wasn't any kind of issue with the kit, I just decided on spring sliders instead.

looking like we might be replacing the roof skin ….
I did this on my Challenger with what I'm guessing was far less experience in this department than you have. It's actually not that bad, just required a lot of test fits. My roof skin was from GoldenStar/CHL/you-name-it Asian, but after installation I regretted not going with AMD. There were a number of little nips and tucks required to get it to sit correctly, mostly around and in the F/R window openings.

hdwrench

Reaction score
little pause in my work, august is a messy month for me , but we got another day in . we fitting the whole trunk /quarter panel area , trying to make sense of all the pieces. the right side fell together after we reclocked the wheel house , the left now needs the same . it is definitely a challenge but we getting close .

F53D7B6B-4CD4-4C88-9A4D-0A33B14D08CD.jpeg

Back