• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

head lights

Cratos

Reaction score
Well I had the Grinch out at night for the first time ,and the darn head lights would just go out and then come back on a min later!! all wiring is new as is everything else switch was supposedly gone through when the dash was sent out and reconditioned. Also when I hit the brakes the light flicker once.

Any ideas? ( if it’s not one dam thing it’s another!!!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would upgrade to relays for the headlights all modern cars use relays , no point in putting all of the current through the headlight switch & the bulkhead twice . WHich light flickers when you hit the brakes ?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would upgrade to relays for the headlights all modern cars use relays , no point in putting all of the current through the headlight switch & the bulkhead twice . WHich light flickers when you hit the brakes ?
Very much agree!

i_taz

Reaction score
....and pack your bulkhead connectors with die-electic grease like Chryco recommends....
Cured all my gremlins but still hook up the headlight relays...!

Last edited:

crackedback

Reaction score
If you get active action on unrelated circuits, that sounds like ground hunting.

Cratos

Reaction score
installed your harness to day No low beams but both hi & low on hi and checking that there is No power into the low beam relay? checked fuse and swapped relays still No power coming into the low beam fuse.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Also check the floor low/high beam switch the centre should be positive mine wasn't making would lose lights after a few minutes

crackedback

Reaction score
Sent you a PM. I bet I solved it in the PM...

Won't have anything to do with the OEM side of the system.

timdp

Reaction score
Also check the floor low/high beam switch the centre should be positive mine wasn't making would lose lights after a few minutes

This! Had the same problem and replacing the floor low/high beam switch fixed it.

T

moparman31

Reaction score
when any pre 78 car came in with the problem described all we would do is replace an aftermarket dimmer switch with a genuine 1881938 switch

Back