• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello all from Southern California

Bobby T

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is Bobby T from Thousand Oaks, CA. Originally from Detroit, MI where I bought my 70 Challenger back in 1981. Finally, I am in process of giving it the restoration it deserves. The car helped get me my job at Chrysler, now I retired and will attempt to make the car look like it rolled off the assembly line in Hamtramack.

I will be reaching out to this forum for help. And, I am also available to help any way I can as well.

Cheers!!

fullsizeoutput_75a5.jpeg

Lpxzi%M4QdaD5uLoSt6t7g.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from your old stomping grounds!
how about some details about your convertible?

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
Welcome, Looks like a great project and well underway, love the color choice.
I too am from the Detroit area and most of my family worked for Chrysler, plant located at 9 mile and Mound

Bobby T

Reaction score
Thank you, great to meet you all!!
I had my car since High School, painted it blue, then painted it red. But now, it's all going back to original.

The car is a 440 Six pack with a 4 speed.
It's a low optioned car: manual drums and manual steering. I am up grading to power discs from a 70 RTSE Challenger. So, this car is B5 Blue with Blue interior, black power top, and longitudinal strip and hood black out.

Does anyone know someone who restores latches and strikers for the hood and deck lid? The guy who was doing it (sfmoparts..??) has retired last year.

floyd

Reaction score
Awesome car! Look forward to seeing progress.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Wow, B5, vert with white interior 👍🏻, what a nice project. Can’t wait to see the progress. Glad you’re here.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site , yes there is a company that restores the latches but I don't have the contact handy sorry .

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Beautiful car.
A better upgrade would be to a 73 up.
Pros: 1 piece rotors. Better and cheaper. Much easier to find. Larger rotors available with later caliper brackets. Larger inner bearings. Better load capacity.

Bobby T

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Beautiful car.
A better upgrade would be to a 73 up.
Pros: 1 piece rotors. Better and cheaper. Much easier to find. Larger rotors available with later caliper brackets. Larger inner bearings. Better load capacity.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I did. I used the 1970 spindles, brake booster, and pedal linkage. Then just ordered 1 piece replacement rotors and calipers.

You're right, the 2 piece rotors are too hard to find, and my car didnt come with discs anyway. At any rate, need to be safe and able to stop this thing!

Cheers,

Bobby T

Reaction score
Welcome, I too am in S Cal, let me know if I can assist in any way, COol car
Thanks! At the moment, I am looking to have some hardware restored/refinished.
hood latch, trunk latch, wiper linkage, and blower motor. Appreciate any leads, I live in Thousand Oaks.

ignition1

Reaction score
Well done so far, paint look beautiful, will be a nice parade car for sure! Post pictures of your progress 👍

Bobby T

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to post a little progress. Got the hood and deck lid mounted and cleaned up a bit. Saga continues. Going to start lining up engine/trans/K member assembly.

fullsizeoutput_777f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_777d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7781.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7783.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That's a major hurdle most of us have more than likely jumped. Now you just have to put the nuts in and on the shell. That color really looks great,wish mine was. OH wait it is! looks fantastic!

Back