• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello From Illinois

HemiMetal

Reaction score
Hello everyone great to finally be part of this great forum some really great people here. Have been watching for sometime, just acquired my E Body early this year. While she is a Tribute 1970 Challenger RT Hemi, I prefer the title of "TRIBUTE" for this car not clone, she has a special story.

The car was purchased in early 2000 from a Hollywood movie set owned by Sage Stallone son of Sylvester unfortunately Sage passed a number of years ago. Originally a Challenger 318 Auto non RT car. It was built over a 4 year period almost 100% (with some assistance) by a wonderful lady in the Tampa Clearwater area, she did almost all of the work herself hence A TRIBUTE and labor of love. It was completed in late 2004 since that time has only seen 95 miles. The car was subject a number of mag articles in late 2004 and 2005 including Mopar Muscle. As a Teen in the early mid 70s like me she always had an appreciation for these cars and decided to build the one she wanted...this is a wonderful build and a great Tribute to a wonderful and most feared car of 1970 even by the LS6s.

Look forward to being a part of the forum I am sure there will be a lot yet for me to learn, I have been a MOPAR fan my entire life including modern day. I have had a number of modern day MOPAR muscle all SRT8s 2008 Magnum SRT8; 2010 Challenger SRT8; 2012 300 SRT8 including my current Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee. Thanks for having me as member really appreciate it.
DSC_0002 (5).JPG
IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG
DSC_0067 (3)_LI.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome , very nice “ tribute “. Even has a bench seat don’t see that to often

moparlee

Reaction score
:welcome: from mid Mich. That is a great looking Challenger. I think the bench seat and column shift is the perfect combination:thumbsup:

HemiMetal

Reaction score
Thank you everyone really appreciate the compliments.

A/C - Yes the car does have A/C that is an interesting item part of Cherylls restoration as she wanted A/C living in Florida. The car was an original A/C car but as Cheryll explained Hemis did not have A/C so she removed all evidence of the original A/C, had a special fabricated Billet Plate made to mount the compressor somewhat out of sight under the Alternator and the lines run into the fender into the cabin also out of sight.

The seats are all done in leather the Arm Rest as it is UP and in the Down Position plus Top of the back seats have "HEMI" embroidered in them, very nice job done on the seats. Dash, Dash Pad, Gauges they all work including the clock, Door Panels, Rear Panels are all original to the car fully restored.

Also a good deal of original parts still remain 95% of the trim is original including the Front Grill assembly it was restored in California and original bumpers, there was no rust on the car all of the body parts remain, all the side glass original, rear window is NOS windshield is Pilkington Date Code correct. Also very cool Cheryll had the dash speaker cover fabricated in black billet that matches the original plastic speaker cover she wanted something that would not warp or become wavey like the originals.

The motor a new Crate 426 Hemi purchased in 2000 she then purchased 1970 Dual Carbs and Manifold. Ironically the motor was from Koller Dodge became Naperville Dodge in Illinois where I purchased my 2006 Magnum SRT8.

Including a few more pics. Thanks Again everyone for warm welcome and compliments on the car I am sure Cheryll would be very proud.
709755_7e62646f7b06_low_res.JPG
709730_3482d21a4f58_low_res.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG

Back