• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello

yves

Reaction score
Hello my name is Yves Thériault and I am from nort est of Canada....de french region .. so sorry if I make mistake when I am wrigting : ))

I have recentely bought my dreem car ...a challenger 1971 winter project,,one thing is buging me .. that car is column shift ?? is that possibel ? probabely bean replace by a duster ??

yves

Reaction score
Thank you for the information sir...do you know if there are many made in 71..? as far that i know on the code number in that car .... was a 318, color metal gray, white vinyl top , ...i was expecting to put shiter on the floor i am not shure if that will affect the value ?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great color combo, I look forward to seeing some pics.
I don't think you'd hurt the value of your car by changing to a slapstick/console but I'm not sure that an A-body column will work. Somebody should chime in that knows for sure.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome. Putting a shifter on the floor to many people makes it more desirable so it probably to most would make it worth more. If you decide to switch it over to the floor i have the shifter and linkage pieces you would need along with the floor console brackets and should be able to come up with a floor shift column PM me if you need those pieces

Thank you for the information sir...do you know if there are many made in 71..? as far that i know on the code number in that car .... was a 318, color metal gray, white vinyl top , ...i was expecting to put shiter on the floor i am not shure if that will affect the value ?

yves

Reaction score
Yes Sir I have the data plate on the car on the fender and dash bord....I have seek for the build sheet in the seat ...the dash box not found ....probably remouve by the previus howner..

The car in in my monument shop send you some picture next week ( here in the nort there in a snow storm 30 cm last day and now especting 40 more a win around 80........

Have a nice day

Yves

yves

Reaction score
Thank you for the information Mr Moparparts...I think i maigth put it slap shift on the floor...In my point of vue it look better this way and my vision of the challenger...so i will need eventualy tose pices. Were a you located et what is the range of price you whant for those.

Have a nice day
Yves

Bill

Reaction score
Do you gotta shovel it out of 5' of snow first to get a picture? (Only kidding) :icon_razz:

yves

Reaction score
Ha ha! the can is in my shop...just taking a small brake for vacation with the famely....

Happy new year every one

Yves

Back