• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi everyone

ZChallenger

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 1970 dodge challenger original slant 6 car. A while ago I put a 318 in and never really finished it all the way. I was young and hacked some things that I would like to fix now. I would like to get rid of the dumb B&M floor shifter and put it back on the column as original, clean up the engine compartment to original, new carburetor and new (Correct) radiator ,do some body work and finally enjoy it. I was looking for anyone who could take come close up pictures of their engine compartment to look at all that was touched to make it clean again. A whole other problem I had was the alternator was putting out such high voltage that I put in an adjustable voltage regulator to tone it down a lot. That can’t be normal and I think it was more of a work around than an actual fix. Thanks guys and I’m glad to be here.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!

You can get lots of engine compartment pictures with an internet search.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard..
Easiest way to go back on column shift is to get the complete set-up with column from someone who did the opposite conversion.

Be aware that the 70 column is different from the later columns.
Go back to a standard alternator and regulator. you can overload the wiring with a faulty charging condition.
A Factory service manual is a must for any car. Free downloads.
Some links
Videos
MyMopar
Service Manuals – MyMopar
Parts Manuals – MyMopar
Chrysler Master Tech Service Conference Library – MyMopar
Resources

ZChallenger

Reaction score
Thanks guys it’s really great to be here. Thank you for that info moparleo. The are exactly what I’m looking for. I love learning tribal knowledge from you guys that have done it all.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
96BB4F46-3201-4AFB-AD71-F44B32A39D5A.jpeg

Back