• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi From Oklahoma OKC!

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Greetings all, and a happy Monday! As the title suggests, I live in OKC, OK. I retired from the Air Force while stationed here and was hired on as an AF civilian; no escaping. - My project car is a 1971 Barracuda “Frankenfish,” non-matching 318 & 904. I bought her back in 1997. She was painted orange with a paint roller and the vinyl roof was just black spray paint. Thankfully, I had a friend was did paint and body before he joined the AF. We stripped her down to bare metal (inside and out) and painted her back to original color of Rallye Red, kind of. The paint has a pinkish hue to it, but still looks ok. Over the years I’ve replaced the interior, front and rear suspensions, re-wired, enlarged Rallye wheels, Rebuilt or replaced Virtually everything on her.
- Back then, there was no Internet. So, lots of trips to the salvage yards and assistance from the good folk at CC.com.
- Well, now it’s time to upgrade items I couldn’t back then. I’ll start another post, but basically going to replace the 318 with a 360 (I like small blocks), upgrade to 727, replace the rear, and disc brakes (I have the disc brakes from PST).
- Anyway, greetings and looking forward to a long and meaningful relationship with y’all. Take care, Ronald & Susie (wife) Reineke.

budascuda

Reaction score
Hey Ronold, we are glad that you and the family have joined our site.
We would love to see a couple of pics. Any condition, as long as its a mopar, it's golden!
If you have any questions, the folks here will surely help you out.
Good luck.

rklein71

Reaction score
I live in Amarillo, ten years USN. My used to be 318/904 71 Barracuda now a 408 small block with a four speed. Sounds like we have a fair bit in common. Rod

IMG_4664.JPG

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock! Glad you guys are on the site. Looking forward to the pics and thank you for your service, much appreciated.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Ron from Michigan and thanks for your service in the Air Force. Looking forward to seeing more on your Barracuda.

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Hey Ronold, we are glad that you and the family have joined our site.
We would love to see a couple of pics. Any condition, as long as its a mopar, it's golden!
If you have any questions, the folks here will surely help you out.
Good luck.

thank you! If the pic upload worked, here she is.

28E8740B-5AA5-40EE-BC49-DD0DFA879F30.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
As you know I am always happy to help & I am glad to still be around !!
Glad you joined us here !

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
I live in Amarillo, ten years USN. My used to be 318/904 71 Barracuda now a 408 small block with a four speed. Sounds like we have a fair bit in common. Rod

View attachment 72307
Hi Rod, great looking ‘71 Cuda Car! Yes, we have a lot in common, one of which; we both drive on I-40 :)
- I’ve driven through Amarillo a few times going to New Mexico. From I-40, the city looks nice. We didn’t have time to stop and tour the city.
- Regarding your engine, did you build it or order it? If you ordered the engine, from who? I’m leaning towards to ordering an engine, instead of building one. The main reason I haven’t ordered an engine yet is because every vendor I researched have negative (some very negative) reviews.
- I’m wanting a 360 (408) around 400 HP
- Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

rklein71

Reaction score
Hi Rod, great looking ‘71 Cuda Car! Yes, we have a lot in common, one of which; we both drive on I-40 :)
- I’ve driven through Amarillo a few times going to New Mexico. From I-40, the city looks nice. We didn’t have time to stop and tour the city.
- Regarding your engine, did you build it or order it? If you ordered the engine, from who? I’m leaning towards to ordering an engine, instead of building one. The main reason I haven’t ordered an engine yet is because every vendor I researched have negative (some very negative) reviews.
- I’m wanting a 360 (408) around 400 HP
- Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

I built the engine myself using a Mopar Perf. cast crank, eagle rod, EQ cast iron heads, using a 99 or so 5.9 magnum as the base block. The heads use a LA intake, so I put on a LD340 intake and a Holley Sniper EFI.

Next time you come through, get hold of me. I live just off of I-40. Rod

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Thank you for the
I built the engine myself using a Mopar Perf. cast crank, eagle rod, EQ cast iron heads, using a 99 or so 5.9 magnum as the base block. The heads use a LA intake, so I put on a LD340 intake and a Holley Sniper EFI.

Next time you come through, get hold of me. I live just off of I-40. Rod
reply! I didn’t think my question got posted and then Had a rather busy few days.
- I have a couple of good friends that work in engine shops. The only issue, they’re both Chevy guys. I don’t have the time to read them the mopar build procedures. Guess I could give them the book, it does have lots of pictures.
- Thanks again! And, same to you; let me know when your travels take you to OKC!

Back