• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I have 70 318

Lsp3rd1982

Reaction score
I want build the 1970 318 into a 355 for boost

I'll do splay caps , half fill it even go as far running reverse cooling heads like 95 lt1s.

My question what heads are best for boost and do they make aluminum ones?
Going efi and running e85 on this boy with the holley terminator will be my plan

Lsp3rd1982

Reaction score
Why the stock 318 ?
Because I do my own machine work already have the block and its orginal to the car so no reason to change out blocks. just update billet main caps, half fill arp rod bolts should hold up well.. I mean if 1995 Gm lt1s people are getting 1800 hp out of modified 350 I would like to believe that original 1970 318 would be more stout of block

340challconvert

Reaction score
1970 318 should have a forged crank, though there is controversary as to when the transition from forged to cast took place.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The early forged stock Mopar 318 crank is actually a pretty good piece and is good for at least 6500 rpm. From what you said,I'm going to venture to say : You have done Machine work included boring and honing with torque plates line honing the main bearing saddles, and decking the block Molnar is a flat plane crank or cross plan ?And smaller crankshaft rod journal.I've done machine work a few years. Only paid so much,I moved on. You know what I'm talking about when you can feel 1-2 thousands on a valve stem. you don't need a mic. bear with me I'm still on the bottom end of this. magna flux rod and main bolts?

Lsp3rd1982

Reaction score
The early forged stock Mopar 318 crank is actually a pretty good piece and is good for at least 6500 rpm. From what you said,I'm going to venture to say : You have done Machine work included boring and honing with torque plates line honing the main bearing saddles, and decking the block Molnar is a flat plane crank or cross plan ?And smaller crankshaft rod journal.I've done machine work a few years. Only paid so much,I moved on. You know what I'm talking about when you can feel 1-2 thousands on a valve stem. you don't need a mic. bear with me I'm still on the bottom end of this. magna flux rod and main bolts?

Lsp3rd1982

Reaction score
Definitely, cant skimp on testing the structure the main bolts will be arp .. block will be o ring.... I was even thinking about sending block to be cryofreezing it but I believe that's more myth than anything else

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I was wondering about O ring? + The block has been
therm o cycled over the year. So it's been stressed relived. cryofreezing: The science is it stiffer and harder. Do want that ? depends on what! My opinion. Screws break and nails bend.depends on the hardness. You want he wearig parts to wear,rings bearing.there is harmonic flexing and at what speed? if you are going 10k rpms and beyond,as formula 1 or others do for long periods of time,Then maybe. When looking to the future look at the past and see what works. If any thing I would sonic check the cylinder walls.you probably already done.

Back