• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Identification of Four Speed Transmission, please!

Mopar Pete

Reaction score
Hi there.
As per my other Thread, I have pulled the Transmission out of the 'Cuda.

It has an 18 Spline Input shaft.

Please can you guys take a look at the ID Plate and if possible can you tell me more about it, thanks.

There may be other information / Casting details that I have not photo'd but will happily do so if there is more information to be had, thanks.

All the best.

Pete

4 Speed Transmission Data Plate.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
CC 99129 = 833 trans; the H may indicate Hemi… I’m sure someone will confirm.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well it is a weird stamping , it looks Like OG which would be a 70 car built out of the G plant
it also lookss like part of the stamping is under the serial # for the 10000 day calendar date , the #s should give the gear ratio set etc as well but tough to read .
I don't see the H ...

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Well it is a weird stamping , it looks Like OG which would be a 70 car built out of the G plant
it also lookss like part of the stamping is under the serial # for the 10000 day calendar date , the #s should give the gear ratio set etc as well but tough to read .
I don't see the H ...
It’s the big cast “H” just under the vin.

Steve340

Reaction score
It looks like the original stamp is over stamped - you could never be really sure exactly what it is.

Mopar Pete

Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies.

It's never going back in the 'Cuda.

It is an auto out of the factory, and the only real change I have made is installing a Reverse Manual Pattern Valve Body and Winters Shifter for that "Day two" look. It will sure we a lot easier to live with in traffic.

I will sell the complete set up on, not that there is much of a market in the United Kingdom.....

Back