• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Inner fender dimension

jimbyr

Reaction score
Took a road trip to NE PA to see my dad and got pressed into the service. Have to weld a cowl panel into a 70 Cuda for my nephew. He was nice enough to cut out the old one and did a pretty respectable job for a rookie but he did not measure anything before he went at it with the spot weld cutter.

So, If someone could take a measurement for me between the inner fenders just in front of the hood hinges I can weld all this stuff in for him tonight and be back on the road tomorrow

Thanks for the help

Jim

340challconvert

Reaction score
48 3/4 inches side wall to side wall.
Good Luck!
Dino2 (1).gif

jimbyr

Reaction score
It was a 70 Cuda and an easy job. He had previously cut the old one out and had all the surfaces cleaned up when I got there. I actually didn't weld it at all, gave my nephew some quick welding schooling and he did it while I watched and had a beer. He practiced on the old cowl first. He did Ok. He had previously done some repair on the rear quarters and used pop rivets so now he's going back and doing it right. He had the cowl and top supports tacked in and finished welded in 45 minutes, pretty neat job for a first timer. I'm going back up there in July to give him bondo lessons. That should be fun. It's his first project car. I used to drive him around when he was a little kid in my 71 Cuda vert.

Jim

jimbyr

Reaction score
Wish I had the equipment and skills to weld.

It's not that difficult. I use a Hobart 140 wire feed mig welder, about $550.00 with a tank of gas. Spend a couple days practicing on some scrap and you'll be able to do it. My nephew was making respectable spot welds in a couple hours. The most important thing is to have the surfaces very clean. A lot of videos on you tube about it

Jim

340challconvert

Reaction score
Wish I had the equipment and skills to weld.

It's not that difficult. I use a Hobart 140 wire feed mig welder, about $550.00 with a tank of gas. Spend a couple days practicing on some scrap and you'll be able to do it. My nephew was making respectable spot welds in a couple hours. The most important thing is to have the surfaces very clean. A lot of videos on you tube about it

Jim
Thanks for the feedback
Dino2 (1).gif

Back