• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

intro

strycker

Reaction score
Names joe and i have the 71 sunroof car (pictured in my profile.Bought the car in 75 and parked it in 76 as i had bought a 73 (sunroof charger)an preferred playing with that one better.As i'm not much of a car guy,I didn't touch the challenger til i decided to get it on the road before i got too old .I don't do bodywork and had to pay up for that fact,but it got done and after a few years i was driving it.This is the 4th summer and enjoying it as much as possible.I'm from canada(Moncton NB) and am now 69.Even though i put the car together,i am having a coupla problems that i will try to get on my site if i can get enough time to sit and play

IMG_0004 (2).JPG

strycker

Reaction score
Originally,the car (excecutive model) came with a 318,but when i bought it it had a 71 340 and ran very well.Over the years (parked it in 76 ) the 340 was used in another car(74 charger) in which i had an accident that broke 1 of the motor mount (cast on the motor itself) off.when i put the car together,i found a 72 340 that i had rebuilt and i installed in the car(which i am driving now) and having trouble adjusting the passing gear on the 904 that i had rebuilt last winter.
Welcome to FEBO from the desert!! That's a great looking Challenger! Is the interior green as well?
thank you and yes metalic green

strycker

Reaction score
Originally,the car (excecutive model) came with a 318,but when i bought it it had a 71 340 and ran very well.Over the years (parked it in 76 ) the 340 was used in another car(74 charger) in which i had an accident that broke 1 of the motor mount (cast on the motor itself) off.when i put the car together,i found a 72 340 that i had rebuilt and i installed in the car(which i am driving now) and having trouble adjusting the passing gear on the 904 that i had rebuilt last winter.

thank you and yes metalic green
Sorry ,the seats are metalic,but carpet and interior are green and the dash was redone by just dashes to original green

strycker

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard.
Passing is a simple throttle rod adjustment.
Was the 904 the trans that was in it with the 340 ?
original 318 but worked well at the time with the 71 340,i am now thinking i have the wrong length rod (1 or2?) i now have a 72 340 and am having this problem. Need to find the length of the 3 rods for confirmation....again i am not much of a car guy

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Cool looking Challenger👍. I had that same color combination on '68 Charger.

Back