• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Joe's 1972 Barracuda - 72BRCDA Build

jjklongisland

Reaction score
This was the first starting of the rebuilt motor. Fired up on the first time. Still need to tune it, check timing, check the valves. This motor has some compression. Thinking around 11:1. Crossing my fingers she wont ping on 93 Octane. I am using 100 Octane currently but we soon shall see.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Ok, so I ran into a pretty big issue with my car randomly not getting spark. After many phone calls to Holley regarding the sniper setup and them sending my a complete replacement I finally got on the phone with a Mopar owner and he knew exactly the problem. The bulkhead connector on the firewall was the culprit. This prompted us to look under the dash and really examine the factory harness and realized in was in poor condition. After putting the car 95% back together we decided it wasnt worth electrical gremlins or a possible fire therefore a complete electrical system upgrade was in order. I ordered a painless wiring kit and was a little disappointing with the connectors it came with along with it being a universal mopar kit. Definitely should have done this from the beginning but you live and learn. Rebuilt every light socket and connector. Just waiting on a headlight switch and we can finish putting back the dash in. Here are some more progress photos

Line Lock floor button
PUPU7710.JPG

Tachometer Install with shift light installed in low oil light hole. I put LED's that will be connected to the temp and oil pressure gauge that I will be installing where the radio was so if it gets hot or low oil pressure they will trigger
IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

Wiring, Wiring, Wiring
IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

WJFG2056.JPG

Getting her dialed in

Just ordered a set of Cal Tracs and a driveshaft loop so I can hit up Maple Grove at the Mopar Show in October.

GOAL - AUGUST 1st SHE WILL BE DRIVING

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Update for those that are interested: We did make our goal for an August 1st Drive. Of course with any new builds some hiccups are expected. First issue was the brake pedal assembly was way too high and the pedal rod had to be shortened. That was relatively easy. Next issue was the factory power steering pump reservoir was leaking from the cap from the pressure of the hydroboost setup. The solution was we needed to install a baffled remote reservoir and plumb it in. Lastly and most major issue was the Holley Sniper Fuel Injection causing my car run way to rich. After numerous phone calls to Holley it turns out when you have an aggressive cam the fuel injection tries to make it run smooth by dumping fuel in the learn mode. After shutting the learn mode off until 1300 rpm and creating a custom fuel map for idle it fixed the problem but the damage was already done. The additional fuel cause my oil to thin and when we dropped the oil there was lots of metal in it. In an effort to try and prevent a major disaster we pulled the motor, had the crank re-polished, and replaced the bearings that only had about 3 miles on them. My buddy wound up doing all of this in a total of 3 days. Since then, the motor is running awesome. We also changed the motor mounts to a solid mount since under throttle the motor looked like it wanted to rip itself out of the car. Solid motor mounts are awesome and I do not notice any downside to them. No odd vibrations or anything that I read about.

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

Last edited:

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Temporary exhaust so my neighbors dont hate me. Waiting for my custom exhaust guy to switch over his rig to 3" so I can have him build me a custom 3" setup with an X pipe.

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Just bought my first set of drag slicks for October drag weekend at Island Dragway in NJ. Next on the list is install the caltrac bars, change my rear wheel offset so I can fit a bigger street tire and cut a hole in my hood put my new cowl on so I can get the hood to close.

fasjac

Reaction score
Just went through the thread. Very nice nice sir! Great job
fasjac

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Ok, fixed the rear main seal. Sniper is still dumping too much fuel. Going to get it dyno tuned at a local race shop that can right the proper fuel map at idle. Got a bid item checked off the list this weekend. The Hood. It was scare cutting a hole in it but with the sniper, hi-rise air gap intake, carb spacer and decent size air cleaner the hood would never had closed. I think it came out great. Temp solution until I find the right hood for her.

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

IMG_5309.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Up on the lift, have to make some room and park the general underneath...

OONY0913.JPG

Back