• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Last 'Cuda made

lastcuda

Reaction score
My 74 'cuda has a Feb 74 date on the door tag. I've had it since new. Picked up from dealer on Feb.25th. after he found it at a dealership in Tennessee. I had order one in Oct. 73 and was told in January that mine wouldn't be built. The sequence number in the VIN is confusing to me. I've always wondered how close mine was to the last one sent out to dealers. I've thought about sending in to Galen but thought someone on the site here could shed some light on this subject. VIN is BS23L4B294761. Thanks for any info about this.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Galen may be your best bet due to the year of your Cuda. You can also post your question on www.moparts.com. It has a larger audience. Post some pics.

lastcuda

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I will try that site too. I'll try to get some pics up also. I'm an all Mopar guy but this has been my first experience with restoration. Still have more to do but have had it back on the road for about 4 years now driving it to cruise-ins and just riding around in it. Will never sell it; I want my 3 year-old grandson to have it when I'm gone.

Last edited:

jeff968

Reaction score
Well, on Wiki it states e-body barracuda production ended April 1st 1974 so there should be a few more made after your's. 294761 looks about right for February of 74. My old 70 T/A was 0B294567 and it had a scheduled production date of April 2nd, 1970.

lastcuda

Reaction score
Can you determine the production date by that sequence number or does the build sheet show that? I have that. Now, if they ended April 1st, it makes me wonder even more why they wouldn't build the one I ordered. The only difference is I ordered stripe delete and mine had the stripe (removed now but plan to put back when I repaint). Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll keep digging and my tag still says LASTCUDA.

jeff968

Reaction score
Can you determine the production date by that sequence number or does the build sheet show that? I have that.

If you have the buildsheet it is there. First line, under Vehicle Order Number, is a 3 character box. You should see 2## in there. The sequence number doesn't always line up with a specific date but sometimes it does.

Back