• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Learning things the hard way.

quapman

Reaction score
You and I have the same housekeeper! Garagekeeper? LOL

tonysrt

Reaction score
The reason mine looks like that is after a job I'm too tired to put everything away. The other day on my wife's car I changed the oil, rotors and brake pads and rotated the tires. After completion I had to take a nap.I just don't bounce back like when I was 50, now that I'm 71.

quapman

Reaction score
My problem is that I'm busy trying to get the next job going before cleaning up from the last one.

bullet18

Reaction score
Apparently a radiator from a 5.7 hemi truck fits pretty well, and it has the correct output location. Ive got to saw some plastic brackets off of it to make it fit better but the core and the end tanks clear everything. I got the starter installed and wow is there a diference in size and weight. I think i might be able to start it this week drinking out of a gas can but i still need to weld some stuff and install a seat, brakes, and a driveshaft to drive it around the neighborhood. Hopefully the sheriff who lives down the street is a mopar guy because ive got open headers and no lights.

bullet18

Reaction score
I got the radiator mocked up and its nearly a perfect fit. Im gonna have to modify the core support a little to take full advantage of the core size but i would have had to do that if i got a stock 26 inch rad because my car has the 22 inch rad core support.

20180529_152243.jpg

bullet18

Reaction score
Hopefully the radiator is up to the task of cooling the engine in these freaking hot michigan summers. The worst part is i still cant feel part of my right big toe from when it was -19° in january.

20180529_170531.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
The reason mine looks like that is after a job I'm too tired to put everything away. The other day on my wife's car I changed the oil, rotors and brake pads and rotated the tires. After completion I had to take a nap.I just don't bounce back like when I was 50, now that I'm 71.

Tony
I'm with you
After maintaining my small 1/2 acre landscaping, and working on my wife and daughter's vehicles, I squeeze in work on my Challenger vert in between.
Turning 66 this year and still plugging away, but I do need to take some breaks on occasion.

Dino2 (1).gif

bullet18

Reaction score
I decided im just gonna bite the bullet and buy new spindles. I got them for 185 on ebay with a coupon and they come with brackets and bolts so im not gonna lose too much sleep over it. I also bought some used b/e body kelsey hayes calipers. Theoretically i could start the car to day but i dont think itll happen because im probably forgetting little stuff like looping atf lines but i hope to start it sunday for sure. That being said my original time line had me driving the thing last august so who knows whatll happen.

bullet18

Reaction score
Does anyone think this could be a cracked cylinder head? Im honestly hoping it is because that would mean it probably doesn't have a cracked block and i can probably fix it with jb weld until i get enough money for 906s.

20180305_095546.jpg

tonysrt

Reaction score
If you plan on using this block have it sonic checked. Also have the heads checked. It is a lot of work to reinstall motor & trans and find out you have a problem. I know your on a budget but this will be money well spent and also give you peace of mind when you get it all back together.

bullet18

Reaction score
If you plan on using this block have it sonic checked. Also have the heads checked. It is a lot of work to reinstall motor & trans and find out you have a problem. I know your on a budget but this will be money well spent and also give you peace of mind when you get it all back together.
Unfortunately were past being able to sonic check the block and heads with the engine in the car and assembled. I will definetely do that in the future.

Adam

Reaction score
Just turn the engine over by hand and take a close look at the cylinder walls.

Don’t put JB weld on... waste of time & effort. Go to a junkyard and pull the heads off an old motor home.

bullet18

Reaction score
Just turn the engine over by hand and take a close look at the cylinder walls.

Don’t put JB weld on... waste of time & effort. Go to a junkyard and pull the heads off an old motor home.
I looked when i had the engine apart and didnt see anything but its still making me nervous.

Back