• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Learning things the hard way.

bullet18

Reaction score
Great Stuff i am doing a similar project (also much worse than i expected) the first Challenger i bought in similar condition placed it into storage while i done a second TA just getting back to it after 4 years ,how do the rear stiffening bars fit the new floor pan.
Looks like the water come into your big block through an open valve
Measure ,measure , measure.
The digital spirit levels you have work well just as well as the floor is flat
Ensure the metal & welds at the front frame rail firewall & front floor supports are good as it is a pivot point for the front rails as they do flex some.
I dont know how the subframe connectors fit with the floor as the floor is currently on its way from i can only assume taiwan. I do know they need some grinding to fit perfectly.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Burnt orange is my favorite(one of them anyway).
Craigslist can be your friend, you just have to be careful.
My hat is off to you young man, way to grab the bull by the horns!

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Hey Connor - don't forget to give mom her dish drying rack back! :p:p:p:D:D:D You're doing a great job my friend. Keep up the good work...

bullet18

Reaction score
I took awhile to do by myself but the rear end is in now.

20180401_164029.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Good job on getting the rear axle and springs back in. I notice that you have some old air shocks, are you going to keep them? Check the top mounting area as air shocks can cause some pretty significant damage (cracking) at the top bolt hole areas.

bullet18

Reaction score
Good job on getting the rear axle and springs back in. I notice that you have some old air shocks, are you going to keep them? Check the top mounting area as air shocks can cause some pretty significant damage (cracking) at the top bolt hole areas.
Im keeping them just for driving around my neighborhood. Ill change them before i exceed 30 mph, theyre pretty wasted. There arent any cracks in the shock crossmember as far as i can see but ill look out for them when i change the shocks over.

brotow

Reaction score
I have original burnt orange interior parts. My 70 vert was burnt orange in and out; also a flat hood , k frames, front suspension etc from various years

bullet18

Reaction score
I have original burnt orange interior parts. My 70 vert was burnt orange in and out; also a flat hood , k frames, front suspension etc from various years
The car came with the original black interior parts haphazardly thrown in the car so im gonna use those. I also have a rather faded burnt orange hood but i can clean it up. Right now im just worried about getting it running and after that ive got to get it street legal. The car has no title so im pretty sure i need to have it inspected which means it needs headlights, taillights, a horn and indicators so interior isnt a very high priority quite yet. I do need a new camber adjuster bolt and elliptical washers if you have some and are willing to sell them. Thanks.

bullet18

Reaction score
got them how many do you need?
Just one bolt and 2 washers. I might need new lower ball joints and tie rod ends at some point but for now its just the camber bolt. Thanks.

brotow

Reaction score
Do you want them as is ,or I could powder coat them chassis black or gloss black for $5 more. As for price let me know what you think what is fair. shipping will be actual shipping cost from N.Y, 11756.

moparlee

Reaction score
Not to step on anyone's toes here, but the top washer with the round hole should be fuse welded to the cam bolt head. It has spun so now there is no way that the back washer will rotate for adjustment. I guess you could put a couple of small spot welds on the bolt head to washer.

brotow

Reaction score
got
Not to step on anyone's toes here, but the top washer with the round hole should be fuse welded to the cam bolt head. It has spun so now there is no way that the back washer will rotate for adjustment. I guess you could put a couple of small spot welds on the bolt head to washer.
Yes I can't believe I missed that the others I have are ok.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Nice project. You are doing a great job. Look at it as another one saved. I have been working on my 70' Challenger about 10 years now & it is still not done.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Mine took 10 years as well, I did do a 73AMX during that time too. Spare time and what money allows you to do.

bullet18

Reaction score
Well it took 5 weeks but the floor finally got here. I bought it from classic 2 current fabrication out of detroit and suprise suprise its made by CHL. Hopefully i can get it welded in this weekend. It seems to fit ok after some minor hammering but thats to be expected from a taiwanese part. The subframe connectors are gonna need some extensive grinding to get it to fit properly but i was expecting that. Ill post more updates as i make progress.

15242592269971444279130.jpg

15242592654561997632748.jpg

bullet18

Reaction score
Heres another example of laughably poor Taiwanese stamping errors. The frame rail tab is bent more than 90 degrees off. I would have thought it happened during shipping but they shipped it laying flat and the bend is perfectly uniform.

20180420_160302.jpg

bullet18

Reaction score
It took all weekend but i finally got the floor tacked in. Im pretty sure the subframe connectors were cut with the left pattern on the right connector and vis versa but it wasnt that big of a problem. The flanges that attach to the inner rocker panels are way off but i can fix that with a few hours of hammering and after i put carpet in you wont be able to tell.

20180422_162119.jpg

20180422_162202.jpg

Back