• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

i_taz

Reaction score
That's usually what 'My personal tastes are more imaginative.' means..... ;)

fasjac

Reaction score
I have been where you are many times, as you get to the end of the project it seems like it gets harder to work on it, its like a mental block. I am somewhat in a similar situation on a clients car. I had it bad on my Cuda, took me almost 14 years to build it and the last year was the hardest. All this said, you just have to push through it and keep thinking what it will be when done.

At least for me I think it is a subconscious worry that something I did wasn't done right and I will have to go back and deal with it; kind of like the fear of failure.

I don’t know if someone ever gets completely finished. To me, it’s more of personal satisfaction. Seems I’m always thinking of something could have or want/ wish I’d done different. They are always very nice though.

70chall440

Reaction score
I completely agree, they are never completely done. In fact thats my retirement plan, when I get my 2 B bodies "done" then I will rotate them, my 2 E bodies, my 10 Challenger RT and my Viper through the shop and "improve" on them.

mmissile

Reaction score
I completely agree, they are never completely done. In fact thats my retirement plan, when I get my 2 B bodies "done" then I will rotate them, my 2 E bodies, my 10 Challenger RT and my Viper through the shop and "improve" on them.
When they are at the point I'm currently happy with one, and the bugs it had are fixed.....I generally sell them. As a rule, if you drive them [I do all of mine]they just keep having issues pop-up, and I'm really tired of working on this stuff. Once this one is done....I plan on keeping it, but if that fat checkbook shows up.....

mmissile

Reaction score
After 45+ years and 300 or so cars later....they're all just cars to me. My interest has been waning for a decade. I'd like a 73 SD T/A in red/red, without decals. Something not mopar might keep me interested for awhile.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Really making a stab at attending the NATS with this car. Top plate of console won't be done, stereo system not finished, and a couple other small things that I'll be short on time. But it will run, drive, and look like it's done overall. If not, I'll take my WO car, again....
cuda 7-30-21 left rear-side.jpg

cuda left door inner done.jpg
cuda rt door panel complete.jpg
cuda console position.jpg

cuda console paint drying.jpg
cuda console paint booth.jpg

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score

CNUMB

Reaction score
Really making a stab at attending the NATS with this car. Top plate of console won't be done, stereo system not finished, and a couple other small things that I'll be short on time. But it will run, drive, and look like it's done overall. If not, I'll take my WO car, again....View attachment 84795

View attachment 84789View attachment 84790View attachment 84791

View attachment 84792View attachment 84793
Beautiful Cuda!! Love the color combo!!! Nice work also!!

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, I just put 2 miles on the car. It's also the first time I've ever driven that car. Other than a intermittent noise from under it somewhere....it was amazing. The noise sounds like a rub or scrape of some sort. GRRRR the debugging begins.....

mmissile

Reaction score
Turns out that we have the car a bit lower than the driveshaft likes. I now have a major hurdle to overcome. I like the ride height, so it may come apart and get trans-tunnel modifications. Then I'll have to rework the rear seat, carpet, etc. Oh well....

mmissile

Reaction score
The hydr-boost brakes are insanely good. Wilwood 6 piston in the front, 4 in the rear. Starting to work out some bugs.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
I swapped-out driveshafts [ new one built ], and put about 15 miles on it today. Got some issues to work out, but this thing has me giddy. It's a lot quicker than I thought it would be....and I can't imagine how fast. Just swap out the torsion-bars, add the pinion-snubber, and get the rear up about an inch....and It'll be driving/handling correctly. I don't know which car to take to NATS. Both need cleaning. Tomorrow will be the deciding day.

fasjac

Reaction score
I swapped-out driveshafts [ new one built ], and put about 15 miles on it today. Got some issues to work out, but this thing has me giddy. It's a lot quicker than I thought it would be....and I can't imagine how fast. Just swap out the torsion-bars, add the pinion-snubber, and get the rear up about an inch....and It'll be driving/handling correctly. I don't know which car to take to NATS. Both need cleaning. Tomorrow will be the deciding day.
That’s great! She’s a beauty for sure. Glad for you. Good job. Oh, are you going to use a factory snubber?

Back