• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar 426 Block for sale

sdcbowler

Reaction score
My last comment probably came off as a bit cynical, I apologize I was just thinking out load.
Not at all.........it's difficult to infer the tone of a message or reply. However, I had no reason to believe you were being cynical.

70chall440

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. This medium is as I am sure you know difficult to convey intent or meaning and some take great offense at some responses even when they are well meaning. Of course there are the obvious "smart ass" answer/replies but sometimes a well intentioned response can come off as being a smart ass.

At the risk of coming off as a smart ass... LOL I know you have the pistons in but typically before I ever assemble any engine I will mic the crank journals (all of them and record them). Then put the bearings into the main caps and measure them with a snap gauge/inside micrometer and compare the measurements. I do the rods outside of the engine. Assuming this comes out, I think plasti gauge them to determine clearance. This will tell you exactly what you have and if it will work or not. Also, just because the box on the bearings says one thing doesn't mean that is what you have.

sdcbowler

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. This medium is as I am sure you know difficult to convey intent or meaning and some take great offense at some responses even when they are well meaning. Of course there are the obvious "smart ass" answer/replies but sometimes a well intentioned response can come off as being a smart ass.

At the risk of coming off as a smart ass... LOL I know you have the pistons in but typically before I ever assemble any engine I will mic the crank journals (all of them and record them). Then put the bearings into the main caps and measure them with a snap gauge/inside micrometer and compare the measurements. I do the rods outside of the engine. Assuming this comes out, I think plasti gauge them to determine clearance. This will tell you exactly what you have and if it will work or not. Also, just because the box on the bearings says one thing doesn't mean that is what you have.
All the pistons have been removed. The only thing in the block is the cam, crank, and timing chain. I have ordered the new rod bearings which are supposed to come on Tuesday afternoon. I will see if I can purchase some plasti-gauge here locally.

heminut

Reaction score
No. They did not tell me that. I assumed since the rod bearing they gave me were .010 undersize
Might be their mistake on the bearings they gave you. You should always find out what work was done for future reference, standard or undersize main and rod journals and standard or oversize cylinder bores. Basic stuff!

sdcbowler

Reaction score
Might be their mistake on the bearings they gave you. You should always find out what work was done for future reference, standard or undersize main and rod journals and standard or oversize cylinder bores. Basic stuff!
That's true. I was not that knowledgeable at the time. This was about seven years back. They supply you with all the parts to put the block back together, minus the cam. The first engine they did for me went back together with no issues..........thought this would be the same, but I will know if I ever do this again.

sdcbowler

Reaction score
Hello fellow members,

I am going thru a box of parts and came across this bracket. Not sure where it belongs on the vehicle (Engine, Suspension, Chassis)....Does anyone recognize the bracket and know where it's supposed to go? Vehicle is a 70 Challenger 383 engine.

Thanks

IMG_20211113_154430024[1].jpg

IMG_20211113_154556558[1].jpg

IMG_20211113_154418567[1].jpg

Back