• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My brother just saved one...

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
He pulled this deal off 2 days ago. I know what he paid. He made out like a bandit.
1970 383 4bbl auto, FJ5, not R/T. Original engine is available once it is dug out of the garage. No rust. Never hit. Trunk and bumper damage happened on another car and parts were swapped. Owner had it parked for 35 years after it was stolen and recovered missing some minor pieces. She had it painted blue in the mid 70's.

Title in hand, and now here it is in my back yard.

He's going to have it blasted, shoot it FJ5, and make it a driver.

20180326_184953.jpg
20180326_185023.jpg

20180326_185417.jpg
20180328_082130.jpg

Last edited:

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
He went with Goodmark for the rear valence, hood, and trunk lid. In a few weeks, we'll see how the body guy likes them and what it takes to get them right.

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
Car is at the body shop, fully stripped, and 1/2 back in primer. The body shop asked him how he wanted to deal with his peeling door VIN tag. I'm hesitant to go the replacement route, especially given the car's theft-recovery past. It was stolen from the previous owner in the early 80's and recovered a year later and returned to the owner. It has a clean, DMV/CHP certified title now since the door VIN tag matched the body everywhere, and it had fallen out of the system decades ago. Dash VIN was cut out by the thief.

The dash has been repaired, and he wanted to have a replacement dash VIN tag made to prevent future questions from Law Enforcement for a missing VIN plate (not) visible in the windshield. Doing both seems sketchy. How does everyone else deal with crash repair or restoration door replacements?

Back