• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My old Dodge Dealer-1960's and 1970's and into the 80's

340challconvert

Reaction score
In my mechanic days, I use to buy all my Challenger/Mopar parts from Arrow Motors in West New York, NJ on Kennedy Blvd.
Barney, the parts Manager was great in helping me order what I needed. In those days, I used to buy parts and either install them on my own cars or for customers and garage net prices for parts couldn't be beat! I found a folder with many of my old receipts; the prices I paid make me long for the old days!
Earlier, I used to pass this dealership when I was on the bus I took to high school. There was a second large showroom next door where I used to see a variety of muscle cars including a stunning orange Daytona that I still remember with that large wing.
Found a picture of the dealership.
And I apologize for the reminiscing!

19756867_1343096305739086_9164639636004882178_n.jpg

Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
One of the receipts in my records;
December 1985.

- Bought 2 front splash pans for $156
- How about an Challenger SE rear panel for 57.65
Even the list prices would be a bargain today!

Dino2 (1).gif

img014.jpg

Last edited:

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Good story and photos/receipt. :) Makes me think about the dealership where I bought parts/cars back in the '70's & '80's. Its gone, building torn down now but I've still got my original FSM stuffed full of the parts receipts from whenever I did a repair on my Super Bee from back then.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Good story and photos/receipt. :) Makes me think about the dealership where I bought parts/cars back in the '70's & '80's. Its gone, building torn down now but I've still got my original FSM stuffed full of the parts receipts from whenever I did a repair on my Super Bee from back then.

I know what you mean, Arrow Motors is long gone and the building is now a laundromat. Sad.
Dino2 (1).gif

DrEamer

Reaction score
The dealership that I bought parts from is long as well. I don't think any of the old building is standing, but there is still some of the main lot left. I too remember going in and buying a outside door handle for my Challenger, as well as a "Purple Shaft" Direct Connection cam. My favorite memory is getting the new Direct Connection catalog and browsing for parts. I alway liked the section that told which parts combination you had to buy to make your car go a certain time in the quarter mile. Great memory, thanks for sharing!

budascuda

Reaction score
We drive these cars in the memory of these dealerships.

Back