• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need some insight on 72 Challenger parts

cktasto

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my Challenger this week...I'm a bit surprised to have picked one up so fast, I looked for my last project car for almost a year before finding the right car and this one I found after about a week.
The deal is I'm picking it up on Saturday and the car is disassembled, its a roller but the interior is disassembled. I'm looking for a diagram or something that'll show the correct interior pieces, exterior etc. that i should be looking for or verifying when I pick up the car. The current owner took it all apart some time ago and there are pieces spread out over two locations. I've seen some body/chassis books and CD's on ebay and elsewhere but I'm picking this thing up the day after tomorrow and dont see myself getting the books before then.
can anyone share a diagram or something showing the interior parts? I've gone through and verified the stainless around the windows and vinyl top...big things I guess, but I'd feel alot better about everything if I had a diagram (assembly diagram) of all the little parts.
BTW is the body/chassis book a good book to show the details I'm looking for?

thanks in advance.

Charlie

cktasto

Reaction score
I guess any parts that are particularly difficult to locate...maybe no longer reproduced? brackets, bushings?
or maybe parts that are available but especially pricey?
It's a pretty open ended question, I agree.
The PO says all the parts are there but if there's something that I should make certain I have before I drive away with the car that kind of information I could use.

moparleo

Reaction score
If it is an a/c car, then things like vents and air ducts can be hard to find , but really everything from 71 to 74 was the same, so parts will not be hard find for the interior. Now with that said, it is the options that are harder to find, such as factory tape players, radios, etc.. but trim parts are also reproduced now.

cktasto

Reaction score
thanks Leo,
It is an A/C car but I checked those pieces out and everything looks complete there.
Any suggestions for factory assembly manual. I see the manual with the red cover on ebay, CL, amazon; is that pretty decent? I've been a chevy guy so Im starting from scratch here.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The factory service manual Made by Chrysler is great , you can buy it on paper or disc so you can print all the copies you want

Back