• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New 1970 Challenger owner

Orange Man

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently inherited a 1970 Challenger that was originally a 318 SE model. It is cloned to look like an R/T. My friend passed recently and he was in impulse buyer and bought this car out of Florida. He never said what he paid for it but I think it was pretty pricey. It has a 440 magnum engine with all sorts of mods. He told me the car was original but I did not have the heart to tell him it wasn't. I am the new caretaker of the car and really need to learn a lot about MOPARs. I am a traditional hot rodder and also know Chevys and older Mustangs. Please forgive me if I end up asking questions that may be obvious to some.

Resized_Resized_20210404_144847_4427.jpg

Resized_Resized_20210404_144909_746.jpg

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. The best cars to me arent the rarest or even the most original, but the ones that have the most connection for us personally. It sounds like this one might fit the bill for you. Have fun and enjoy it, that connection and memory to your friend is what the car represents now (at least it sounds that way to me). A part of him lives on now is how I see it.
Most of the ones I enjoy the most are for this exact reason, it's the memories that matter.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I had 1970 Challenger SE GoMango with a 318, factory cruise with an 8-track player.

What options came on yours from the factory?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. The best cars to me arent the rarest or even the most original, but the ones that have the most connection for us personally. It sounds like this one might fit the bill for you. Have fun and enjoy it, that connection and memory to your friend is what the car represents now (at least it sounds that way to me). A part of him lives on now is how I see it.
Most of the ones I enjoy the most are for this exact reason, it's the memories that matter.
Well said right there^^^^
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

blubyou340

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently inherited a 1970 Challenger that was originally a 318 SE model. It is cloned to look like an R/T. My friend passed recently and he was in impulse buyer and bought this car out of Florida. He never said what he paid for it but I think it was pretty pricey. It has a 440 magnum engine with all sorts of mods. He told me the car was original but I did not have the heart to tell him it wasn't. I am the new caretaker of the car and really need to learn a lot about MOPARs. I am a traditional hot rodder and also know Chevys and older Mustangs. Please forgive me if I end up asking questions that may be obvious to some.

View attachment 112926

View attachment 112927
Cherish it! Who cares about the numbers your friend had good taste. Sorry for your loss

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Glad you joined up and we are here to answer any questions you may have.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Looks great! Sorry to hear about your friend passing.

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
welcome from TN, great looking car. Recently attended a car show and started conversation with an elderly lady with a beautiful 34 Ford that belonged to her late husband, she attends this show every year in his memory and it was an honor to learn about her husband and the car.

Back