• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

new guy from WI

asskicked

Reaction score
Long time looky Lou finally joined up. My user name asskicked refers to most of my previous experiences with E and B body mopars. Unlike most of my experiences with other old cars, I never seem to be able get one of these on the right track for completion and send them down the road. I'm close to changing that with my 71 Challenger convertible but need a little guidance. BTW, I do everything myself.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Don't give up this time. Lots of folks here with a lot of Mopar knowledge and willing to help out.
Post up some pics of your 71.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Hang with the cool vert. As mentioned above, you have a lot of knowledgeable guys here to help with any issue.

asskicked

Reaction score
This shows pretty much where I'm at with this car. This is me fixing what a self proclaimed expert did for a good chunk of change. The expert replaced a badly damaged right frame rail and matched the bent left one, no frame jigs there. The entire front end was pointing about 7/8" total to the right. Left door and hood fit were super wacky trying to make that work. This pretty much sums up all of my experiences with outside help on old cars, only huge regrets.
100_4894.JPG
100_4890.JPG
100_4898.JPG
100_4902.JPG

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I myself had the same thing happen. It happened decades ago. my cars never goes to a garage for repair. Isn't it amazing a little common sense and a lot of persistence can do marvels. Good job,Very well done! It gives one self gratification. I understand your accomplishment.

asskicked

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Compared to what I see other guys doing with badly rusted cars, mine is a cake walk. Once I figured out the problem with the rails it actually went quite fast on the repairs. The reproduction AMD inner panels fit great. The thing is the car sat for several years before I got back to it, I put it aside because I knew something serious was behind the fitment trouble so the project was halted. Probably like many of you I'm juggling several big projects at once. This is what you would call a hemi tribute project, a 318 3spd conversion to a traditional hemi 4spd to be specific.

Back