• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy Here…

ChallengerGreg

Reaction score
Thanks for adding me…

Just purchased my first E body…71 Challenger RT 340. Restored over 20 years ago and starting to show some age in the body. Looks good driving by though.

62B0E45F-88F6-4104-8478-D5B9C6AABA2D.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Nice looking Challenger.

moparlee

Reaction score
Greg, welcome to the site from Michigan!

You will like the 340 in your Challenger. 4 spd or auto?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Welcome Greg. I bought this car from the 2nd owner, Ward Mabbit, who had taken parts off of it and was going to scrap it. The pic Gary posted is from when I bought it. I sold it to Gary due to my divorce and he restored it. The only thing not known about the car is who the original owner was. Ward switched the original 340 out for a '66 440. I have no idea where the original drive train went.

ChallengerGreg

Reaction score
Nice to make your acquaintance. Gary did a good thing by saving the car. It needs some attention now since it’s been 20 years since it was restored. I had a 69 340 Cuda back in the day and feel very fortunate to have an E body.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It had 2 build sheets. Hopefully you have them. You can't see it in the pic. It had a rusty luggage rack that was installed properly. I don't know if it was original or not. We didn't have the knowledge about build sheets in the 90s like we do today.

ChallengerGreg

Reaction score
Unfortunately the build sheets and fender tag is gone. The previous owner tried to locate them and had no luck. It was sold at some point by Volo Museum Auto Sales here in Illinois. I called them to see if they might have found them after the sold the car and they said they had no records prior to 2016. Do you have any photos of the sheets or tag? There is a photo of the build sheet in the restoration book that Gary put together but it’s very small and I’m unable to read it.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I had photos but lost them to water during a hurricane. I do know it is a white exterior, blue interior, black stripe car. The rest was standard R/T stuff.

Back