• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy near Atlanta Ga. with 70 Barracuda project !

Bama-man

Reaction score
I just bought the car of my dreams. 1970 Barracuda Convertible 440-6 unfortunately (not) numbers matching its a 318 car originally but I'm happy to get it especially at the price I got it for. The only problem is I got it as a partial restore it was taken apart for restoration and repainted the FE-5 Rallye Red, but its all in pieces. So I have boxes of parts everywhere in my garage. If I would have taken it apart myself I would not have much of a problem knowing where it all goes back together as it is its like putting a jigsaw puzzle back together. I sure am glad I found this site. I grew up in the 70s when these cars were all over the the place and my father was a MOPAR Mechanic so we always had Chargers, Challengers, and Barracudas in the yard so its really a dream come true to have one of my own that Dad cant sell out from under me !

IMG_2704[1].jpg

IMG_2701[1].jpg

IMG_2702[1].jpg

IMG_2703[1].jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO! Greetings from Nebraska! Glad you are here with us! Nice looking Cuda! Hope you get it back on the road soon! :)

fasjac

Reaction score
Wow! Nice looking project. I’m sure you’ll get it road ready before long. You’re in the right forum for any help that may be needed. I like it a lot

budascuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
There's gonna be other folks who can help you more than me, but a shop manual, and a list (pictures) of parts you got is probably a good start.
You could write on the back of the photos, once you find out what they are and make an inventory.
Good luck.....

SFEbody

Reaction score
Welcome, and get a service manual if you dont have already. There is a free download over on the cuda-challenger forum from Cuda Cody. These cars are pretty straight forward when assembling. Go through some of the restoration blogs on here, some of the folks are very very detailed. Great resource. Good luck

Bama-man

Reaction score
Thanks budascuda that's great advice I started doing some word today put the front valance back on and tried to install the headlights back into place and found out i have the wrong headlight buckets they are for a 72 E body Cuda and wont work now i have to find some 70 Cuda headlight buckets and chrome bezels. I have alot of extra parts that came with this car but some are nt the right year.

budascuda

Reaction score
Thanks budascuda that's great advice I started doing some word today put the front valance back on and tried to install the headlights back into place and found out i have the wrong headlight buckets they are for a 72 E body Cuda and wont work now i have to find some 70 Cuda headlight buckets and chrome bezels. I have alot of extra parts that came with this car but some are nt the right year.
The extra parts and the incorrect years' are still good! You can put them up for sale here!
But don't part with anything till you are %100 certain you are not gonna need it.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Sweet looking car! Welcome from Colorado!

What part of Bama are you in? My whole family is down there all over the state.

Is there a fender tag for your car? Did it come with a build sheet?

Bama-man

Reaction score
Sweet looking car! Welcome from Colorado!

What part of Bama are you in? My whole family is down there all over the state.

Is there a fender tag for your car? Did it come with a build sheet?
I live in Cartersville, Ga. but from Cullman, AL. ( just Above Birmingham) no fender tag, no build sheet, wish there was all I have is the original VIN plate

sir_veza

Reaction score
Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
Great looking car. Really like the paint and the lines look nice and straight!
Wishing you the best of luck and have fun at the same time!

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Congratulations on the recent purchase. There are a number of cars around your area that are floating around to view if you are looking to see how certain areas were done. I am located just East of you, over in Jasper. The Mopar club over in Cullman is fairly active as well for such a small area.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I live in Cartersville, Ga. but from Cullman, AL. ( just Above Birmingham) no fender tag, no build sheet, wish there was all I have is the original VIN plate
Cool! My family is in Birmingham, Decatur, Springfield and Cullman. And a few other places in North Bama.
I used to go visit Mopar Al in Cullman. I remember as a kid going to the open air flea markets in Cullman, they were so much fun. And some of the largest fleas in the nation.

At least you have a Vin tag. Better than nothing and without the fender tag you can build exactly what you want.

You might want to start a thread with the vin of your car. If anyone ever looks up the fender tag on their garage wall they will be directed to your post with the vin number. Just saying.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Keep us posted on your progress and shout out for help if you need it. We are here to help.

NoCar340

Reaction score
We're glad you found us!

Lots of good advice so far... I'll add a little: Get involved with the North Georgia Mopar Club.

I used to live in Lawrenceville and Lilburn way back in the middle-late '90s. I was never a member, but I went to their monthly meets now and again. They usually had around 40-60 cars in all states of repair and tune in attendance, and usually a bit of a swap meet too. A couple of my friends from that era still attend some of the meetings and are knowledgeable guys, as are a lot of members. I think it'd be a great local resource for you, in addition to this online one.

Bama-man

Reaction score
thank you for the advice and info about the N. Ga. Mopar Club I will check into that, I need all the help I can get

Back