• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New guy needs education

Danhami

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm dan. Live in California. Although I am not new to classic vehicles, I am new to the cuda world. I am currently gathering information and doing research regarding the purchase of a 1970-1974 cuda. Due to the value of these classics, my goal is to find a good "driver." it does not need to be perfect, and definitely not numbers matching..(I've seen what those go for.$$$$.)

is there anything specific to them I should be looking for when I go to look at a car in person? Any quirks? Any other websites,books etc that I should be reviewing?

Like I said, I need an education so any input you folks can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Everyone in advance! I'm guessing I have a lot to learn.

74CudaDave

Reaction score
Welcome. If you're not worried about things like `numbers matching' or collectability, then you're basically looking for an older used car. The usual things apply - lift carpets, get on your knees with a flashlight, take a good long test drive. Your budget will dictate what you get - then you decide what you're willing to put up with - mechanical work, body work, etc. It's only when you start thinking about the details where specific things are going to matter - engine codes, fender tags, build sheets - the prices will go up accordingly. Good luck with your search.

Back