• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy to Forum, Old Guy to .... well, I guess just old...

MoparAlleyVP

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Thomas. I have my 2nd long term mopar now. I bought it in boxes in 1998 from a guy going to federal housing. (Prison)

I got the car running in 2003 right as I was getting married. I built the car the way I would have bought it.

It's a 1970 Grand Coupe Convertible. It was originally a 318/column shift auto. It's been changed a little since then. I bought this B3/B5 interior car when it
had already been changed to triple black (Paint/Interior/Top).

It now had a new plates on it, (still have old ones), a manual trans, 3.54 dana rear, and a "few" other changes.

Right now it's in the garage awaiting a rebuild on the engine. Hope to get to that this year.

I'm based in N. California about an hour south of SF.

Good to meet everyone.

Thomas

01 cuda shaker.JPG

01 cuda side small.jpg

license plate.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Thomas, you have yourself one cool fish!
I really like it. Glad you’re here

340challconvert

Reaction score
An A66 Challenger? I kicked myself so many times for not buying one. What a really, really cool car... Can I see pics?
Thanks for your thoughts; here is a pic of my A66 convertible back in 1982 at a HOA meet. I am restoring the car now since it was in storage since 1984. You can check out my resto thread here on FEBO.

Dino hemi mt 1981.jpg

SFEbody

Reaction score
Very cool Cuda.... I saw one very similar to yours last Sunday at the Mopars in May in Ontario CA... Since you have CA plates, where are you in Cali? I am in Rancho Cucamonga. Brian

MoparAlleyVP

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts; here is a pic of my A66 convertible back in 1982 at a HOA meet. I am restoring the car now since it was in storage since 1984. You can check out my resto thread here on FEBO.

View attachment 107038
Hi, I don't see a name, but are the plans a stock restore, and upgrade restore (add items not ordered from the factory but available), or a restomod?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hi, I don't see a name, but are the plans a stock restore, and upgrade restore (add items not ordered from the factory but available), or a restomod?
MoparAlleyVP- Keeping things pretty much stock, not worried about dated coded parts, but want to be functional and safe. Considering minor upgrades; electrical and ignition and intake changes. Check it out under Member Restorations Section entitled "1970 A66 Challenger Convertible". It has been a long couple of years.

Back