• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Kid on the Block

dfrazz

Reaction score
I recently purchased a '71 Challenger. While we are still in the getting to know each other phase (and fixing all her leaks), she sure turns some heads. Thanks for all of your help on my postings. I am open to any advice anyone has for me.

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

20130715_170036.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome and the first thing to do is to reroute or insulate the fuel filter and line sitting right next to the headers. If this is your first vintage Mopar the next thing to do is to start inspecting the wiring starting from the bulkhead back and forward. I also don't see the heater control valve. Is the heater on all the time ? Not busting your b***s, but you did ask for advice. Looks good from what I can see, just want your Mopar to be safe.

dfrazz

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the fuel line/filter. The pic is a little misleading but it is closer than I would like. There is a missing part behind the dash for the heater vent, so yes it does blow hot all the time but not sure once I get that fixed if the header is on all the time. This is my first vintage Mopar muscle so keep bring on the suggestions/advice.

btceng

Reaction score
Welcome. 71 is my favorite year for the E Bodies. Hard to beat the looks of a straight black car. Loads of great advice here.

Back