• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member From LA CA

Rob2thec

Reaction score
Hey there,

My Name is Robert I grew up in Los angeles CA. I have always had a love for E Bodies. The love for me started when my uncle John bought a 1970 Challenger when I was 4. I grew up like a typical boy loving cars and they always provoked emotion from me. When he pulled up with his challenger when I was a kid I Freaked out. Now some years later that very same car has been gifted to me. It has been sitting for 20+ years and needs a full restoration. That is why I am now on this board to get an idea for what I am doing.

I know cars, BUT my background is manly in the off-road world. Building racing and driving desert vehicles here in socal and Mexico. I look forward to this project and learning more about this amazing machine in the years to come.

I will post some photos of the vehicle soon.

-R

ramenth

Reaction score
Great story on the background. I, too have a few cars which have been gifted to me that hold special meaning.

From one Robert to another, welcome aboard!

Rob2thec

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I would love some feedback on what you guys see in the photos below. I am a full blown MOPAR Newb..

IMG_3642.jpg

Rob2thec

Reaction score
IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

Found this in the trunk..
IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

I have a TON more but this should give everyone the idea.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'd say you have what looks to have been a well appointed '70 R/T SE. I'd also say that you have a lot of work ahead of you...

moparleo

Reaction score
I see many, many baggies and photos in your immediate future. Looks like a great car to spend some money on restoring, especially with its family back round. This one is going to need it all so make sure to have a dedicated work space and storage area for all of the parts. I will try to locate a check sheet for all of the parts that will be needed to eithrt be restored or replaced depending on the condition. Make an inventory of everything that looks reusable and that should keep you busy for a little while for now. Great project.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Good luck on that SE project . Body looks pretty solid, make sure you label everything when you tear it apart. Did you find a broadcast sheet? 440 HP block and a 383 pie tin ? Start up a restoration thread. Your other work looks nice on your trucks.

Rob2thec

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'd say you have what looks to have been a well appointed '70 R/T SE. I'd also say that you have a lot of work ahead of you...

Well I wish it was an original RT car. It is not numbers matching. It was a Challenger SE with a 383 auto. But around 1979 - 80 My uncle picked up a 1970 RT car with a 440. He swapped all the goodies over to this car apparently the RT car had major rear damage.

Here is a little inspiration for my build;

440_all_black_01.jpg

However it is all year matching, from what I am told.

Rob2thec

Reaction score
Good luck on that SE project . Body looks pretty solid, make sure you label everything when you tear it apart. Did you find a broadcast sheet? 440 HP block and a 383 pie tin ? Start up a restoration thread. Your other work looks nice on your trucks.

What is a broadcast sheet?

LOL yeah I found that pie tin in the trunk. Along with all of the original body parts and weather stripping. The body is pretty solid, its mostly surface rust. BUT, I know that the rear has a lot of bondo on it.

I will start a restoration thread when that process begins. Currently I am trying to do as much research as possible so that when I do begin this build I will know a little about it..

TNTCASH

Reaction score
Rob2thec

Hang in there! Looks like you have a lot of car to work with. Don't let any of it scary you. check out http://www.autometaldirect.com/ and www.yearone.com That will give you some hope. Don't let cost scary you either. Picture it as you remember it. It may be a long build but I will guarantee you that feeling of being a kid again when you get her done. I too just picked up a 1970 true BS23N0Bxxxxxx Cuda. and I am in much worse shape than you. I'll see if I can attach a pic and decoded Broadcast Sheet "Build Sheet"

Take a look for yours! Behind the rear seat in the springs, or behind the vinyl back on the Passenger or Driver bucket seats in the springs. Ck this site for other places to look too. If you have that you have put your hands on the Holy Grail!

I see '70 Chall RT/SE HP 440, PS, PB, Probably has the HD A727 trans, Rally gauges, overhead console, looks like front disc breaks, or at least looks like the brake line is attached to a calliper?

Looks like the color of my first car "1969 Road Runner" 383 4 SPD. Bahama Yellow. Rare color!

I'm in San Diego so PM me and I would be glad to talk to you.

Welcome
TNTCASH

VIN DECODED 1970 CUDA.jpg

Last edited:

TNTCASH

Reaction score
engine E63 383-4
trans D32 HD A-727 Torqueflite
axel D53 3.23:1 69-74
tires U82 e60x15 rwl polyglass
W34 space saver tire 71-79
trim PR
X9
paint style V
body paint EF8 ivy green matalic
roof paint V1X
steering column *55**7005
steering wheel 20 TX
horn pad 22 X9
rad 61
inlet hose 57
alt 78
fan 16
fan spa 60
bat 20
vac fit 92
engine
carb
trans 668
pin 34
p/shaft 636
axel 100
wheels road 71
color *X9
spare 81
wheel cover 43
frame 72
s/bar 62
shock ft 67
shock rr 54
front brake 29
torsion bar 781 *7
rear spring lt *34
rear spring rt 24
clutch brake pdl 47 50
labels idle 11
labels tire 59
exhaust lt 86
exhaust rt 84
tail pipe lt 58
tail pipe rt 56
car height E P 1
1 45
2 15
3 05
combo groups A *1 *2
brakes HD or disc B 41
power B 2
console or aux st C 16
rear arm rest
C 26
seats C 55
recline or 6way C 62
carpet or matts C 93
acc floor matts C 92 2
heavy duty fleet
alt F11
battery F23
oil press guage F966
glass - mirrors
glass G11
remote mirror G36
G41
Heater - A/C
Front heater or A/C H51
Rear heater or def H31
Misc J
glove box lock J11
Cigar lighter J15
electric clock J21
Wipers 3 speed J25
duel horns J31
hood pins J45
undercoat/hood pad J55
J54
I panel w/grain J64
lights/ switched
map cour lite L05
glove box lite L11
ash rec lite L15
cargo trunk lite L25
fnd/hood turn ind L31
Hi beam time delay L42
ing swith time delay L65
H/L lamp on signal L72
se/belt unf lamp L73
title switch time delay L74
low fuel lite L75
heater control lamp L76
moulding exterior trim M
drip through M21
sill M25
wheel M26
belt M31
RR or FT and RR guards M83
D/lid moulding M88
Luggage rack M81
engine accessories N
dual exhaust N41
exhaust tips N42
gov/Tach N85
eval emis control N95
Power items P
windows P31
Radio ant spks R
radio R35
rear speakers R31
suspension-steering S
suspension S15
sway bar S31
power steering S77
steering wheel S83
wheels W21

THIS TURNS OUT TO BE A Y13 CODE CAR - DEALER DEMO

2ND Time.jpg

Last edited:

Rob2thec

Reaction score
Thank you TNT Cash. I will look for that when I get it down to LA and start taking it apart and cleaning it. I am already like a little kid wanting to get started on this!!

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and state the leaves are probably not factory original.
You will need to branch out to our advice.
puns intended.

Yes heed the advice. Start a build thread ,tag and bag EVERYTHING as it comes off.

Take it slow and steady so not to get burned out and know from the start it will be awhile coming.

Mike.
Also So/cal OC.

Bill

Reaction score
Like Mike said...... EVERYTHING....
Sounds like a very cool project.
I have a 73 Challenger Rallye project I am doing and a 74 parts car and both of them were 1/2 in boxes when I bought them. Since this is my first e body project and I was not the one that took the cars apart, I don't know what I have and what I don't have sometimes. some of the things were kind of tagged off of the 74. I would be totally lost without FEBO.
Good luck!

Back