• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member from Northern Calif.

redwrydr

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a long time lover of e-bodies, and have just started a 1970 Cuda semi-resto (it runs so I am not doing anything with the engine yet). I have looked for an affordable project car for a while, and just found this car in Feb. I am pretty excited about it!

I finished a 69 AMX last year as my first project car and I am trying really hard not to get into that much detail...(good luck huh?)

Anyway, I have a good friend who has helped me so much with both of my cars and he thinks quite highly of the folks who hang out here so I thought I would join and have fun along with the rest of you...(thanks Ben!).

Redwrydr in the Grass Valley area of Northern California

GTXperience

Reaction score
Glad to see you finally made it here red! Thanks for the very kind words. We need to catch up on the Cuda's progress.

Last edited:

redwrydr

Reaction score
Now that is excellent, Browns Valley, I drive through every day, I work in Oroville so that makes it a very small world...easy to meet at the Chevron to do a parts exchange when needed hmmm???? :)

rr-mopar

Reaction score
Now that is excellent, Browns Valley, I drive through every day, I work in Oroville so that makes it a very small world...easy to meet at the Chevron to do a parts exchange when needed hmmm???? :)

Oh, ya... You have any pics of your cars?

redwrydr

Reaction score
trying to post pics

I always seem to be challenged in getting pics up to sites but I will do my best after work to get a couple of the AMX and the Cuda in process tonite! Stand by and thanks all for the welcome!
Redwrydr

burntorange70

Reaction score
I always seem to be challenged in getting pics up to sites but I will do my best after work to get a couple of the AMX and the Cuda in process tonite! Stand by and thanks all for the welcome!
Redwrydr

Putting up pics is not that hard to do. If you need any help just let us know.

redwrydr

Reaction score
OK, here is my attempt to get the Cuda pics up...I hope they work, good news today, taking the trim of the rockers and no rust! I put the pic of me and a friend working on the brakes and making the biggest mess of boxes and manuals and tools because some of you are probably like that doing a project....also, the pic of the rust around the back window so far is the worst I have found, the amount in the quarters is small, the patch panel will be far larger than the amount I have in that area....I am so lucky! OK, AMX pics in a different post...

http://picasaweb.google.com/redwrydr/70CudaProject

redwrydr

Reaction score
AMX pics

This car was my first project and I knew not where I was jumping! (Think Butch and Sundance off the cliff) :D Luckily I met GTX Experience at the beginning of the journey and he helped me through the really unpleasant newbie stuff, bad actors, folks who didn't quite tell the whole story and the usual stuff someone has to learn when they know nada!

He endured endless "what if" conversations, to modify or to go stock, all these and more he helped with...quite a talent actually to talk about this stuff and never really give you what his opinion is, lets you make your own decision...so it took two years but it is finished now and a very fun car to drive! It will be going to the AMC National show in Sacramento in two weeks, unfortunately it will miss the Mopar show because the two shows are on the same day and the AMC show only comes to the West Coast every 5 years....dang it, was looking forward to showing the AMX at the Mopar show AND going to the Swap for the Cuda stuff I am looking for....always next year....:)

http://picasaweb.google.com/redwrydr/AMXPics#

redwrydr

Reaction score
AMX info

It started life with a 290 and an M-11....I found a 390 mated with its original M-12 in LA..went down and got them and had them rebuilt. Neither had been previously rebuilt so it all went well. Engine bored 30 over, tranny just needed a standard rebuild and it all went well. I had a mild cam put in, nothing that would mess up my vacuum wipers, I didn't want to swap all that out.

I had a few things that I needed to change...the car didn't have disc brakes and I wanted them so went to the pic n pull and got the brakes from a 78 Concorde and they are on the fronts...I just had the brake fittings made to fit a Concorde at the caliper and up in the fender it is the original fitting..looked for a booster and found it...all works well. Lots of work....lots of fun! :D

Back