• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member ready to learn

junkyard

Reaction score
Hello fellow members. I am here with tons of question and grams of information. I'm ready to dive in, do some searching and ask a bunch of questions that have been asked numerous times before. I bought a 73 Challenger a couple years ago that's in pretty decent shape. It was "redone" about 12 years ago and had sat in a garage for about 10 years until I bought it. I've driven it some. It has a 340 that was installed in place of the original 318. It has enough power to pass a school bus if I get a good running start. I did add a rear deck spoiler because I like the looks. I did add hood pins because I didn't like the way the hood was about a 1/2" higher on the driver side. I discovered that the 727 had a leak. So I bought a new fancy pan which did not solve the problem. Then after a little google research, I discovered the reverse pin plastic cap was leaking. I temporarily slathered it with gasket sealer. Did not last very long. So then I purchased a wrecked 2020 skat pack challenger with the 392 and ZF 8hp70 transmission. Wanted to make sure I fixed that leak and could pass two buses if I liked. That all brings us to now. Here we are. I want to thank you for all the help you will surly provide.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome To FEBO. First Thing to lean is that pictures speak better than words! Like this below.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

hankchallenger

Reaction score
Hello fellow members. I am here with tons of question and grams of information. I'm ready to dive in, do some searching and ask a bunch of questions that have been asked numerous times before. I bought a 73 Challenger a couple years ago that's in pretty decent shape. It was "redone" about 12 years ago and had sat in a garage for about 10 years until I bought it. I've driven it some. It has a 340 that was installed in place of the original 318. It has enough power to pass a school bus if I get a good running start. I did add a rear deck spoiler because I like the looks. I did add hood pins because I didn't like the way the hood was about a 1/2" higher on the driver side. I discovered that the 727 had a leak. So I bought a new fancy pan which did not solve the problem. Then after a little google research, I discovered the reverse pin plastic cap was leaking. I temporarily slathered it with gasket sealer. Did not last very long. So then I purchased a wrecked 2020 skat pack challenger with the 392 and ZF 8hp70 transmission. Wanted to make sure I fixed that leak and could pass two buses if I liked. That all brings us to now. Here we are. I want to thank you for all the help you will surly provide.
Welcome Junkyard! These guys on this site are the best! Don’t be afraid to ask questions it’s how we learn… but keep in mind these guys are hardcore Mopar enthusiasts so they will be honest even if it hurts sometimes. Again welcome.

Back