• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member Searching

CA Expat

Reaction score
New member continuing the search for the old man's 74' Challenger. The car was sold in Roseville, CA in 1991 by my stepfather for a down payment on a house. I've made a good life for myself thanks to his sacrifices so I'm looking to find it in hopes of possibly getting it back to him. I've been searching for about 5 years, would greatly appreciate any leads, i've posted in many other places as well. VIN# JH23G4B179623

IMG-9186.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Easy to see why you’d want to find it for him but don’t let too much time pass for this gesture. I’m sure if you found a similar car and presented it to him it would mean a helluva lot.

Last edited:

CA Expat

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Easy to see why you’d want to find it for him but don’t let too much time pass for this gesture. I’m sure if you found a similar car and presented it to him it would mean a helluva lot.
Thank you, and very good point. I've had my eye open, and if I find the right "clone" I may try and snag it up. As luck would have it, the moment I pick something up, this one may come along 😆

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the desert. Good luck in your search, but as others mentioned, don't wait too long. He'll be happy with the original or one close to it.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!

I think your Dad would love any Challenger from his Son. That's just me speaking though.

topbanana73

Reaction score
New member continuing the search for the old man's 74' Challenger. The car was sold in Roseville, CA in 1991 by my stepfather for a down payment on a house. I've made a good life for myself thanks to his sacrifices so I'm looking to find it in hopes of possibly getting it back to him. I've been searching for about 5 years, would greatly appreciate any leads, i've posted in many other places as well. VIN# JH23G4B179623

View attachment 108550
Love it! The wheels with the centers are awesome. Good luck.

CA Expat

Reaction score
Thank you for all the kind words, very much appreciated! I was able to pull a "VIN report" of sorts; it was last titled in CA back in 2013, so it may still be out there on the road. So thankful that it hasn't been totaled or destroyed (allegedly).

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy and Welcome from Colorady.

Knowing that it was registered in 2013 is a huge boost to finding the car. In ten years there probably hasn't been near as much that could have happened compared to the previous 20. Especially with the value of the cars rising since back then.
With that, it sounds like your already having good luck. Keep looking. Find a cop friend.

CA Expat

Reaction score
Howdy and Welcome from Colorady.

Knowing that it was registered in 2013 is a huge boost to finding the car. In ten years there probably hasn't been near as much that could have happened compared to the previous 20. Especially with the value of the cars rising since back then.
With that, it sounds like your already having good luck. Keep looking. Find a cop friend.
My thoughts exactly! My biggest fear was that it was totaled or sat rotting for 20 years, luckily in CA the weather and elements are mild. Very encouraging.

Back