• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New old guy in NC.

JDMopar

Reaction score
Hey y'all,
Just signed up here on FEBO, but have been on FABO for years. Same name both places, plus on Moparts.com and all other forums I look at. I live in Candler, NC, which is in the western part of the state. Wife & I have a tin condo in Myrtle Beach we visit pretty frequently in warm weather. I have a 70 Challenger 340 (A66) that I have owned since 1978. I also have a 71 Challenger convertible that I have owned since 1989. It's a Sinatra car (I did it my way!) and a clone of nothing. The rest of my hoard are A bodies and one B body, 3 Dodge trucks and all of the "I'll need this one day" parts I have been amassing since I was 16. I'm now 66.....lol. Just wanted to say hi, and I'm glad to be here! :)

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_5970.jpeg

JDMopar

Reaction score
Welcome. Show some pictures we like drooling over them. Family is from Ashe so not too far from you.
I'll sign on from my phone later on and post a pic of my conv. The 70 340 car is in a zillion pieces and buried in the basement, so it ain't nothin to look at right now....lol. It's pretty basic, FK5 with black interior. Numbers matching 340/727. It sold new at Village Dodge in Painesville, OH.

JDMopar

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my 71 Challenger vert. I found it sitting in an old chicken house, covered up with an Army tent. I was a lineman at the power company, and one rainy day all we were able to do was patrol lines because you can’t work on them in the rain. After I discovered it and talked to the owner…original owner who bought it her senior year in high school, it took me 2 years to get it bought. It’s a 318 car. I have the numbers matching motor, but it has a warmish 360 in it. If I live long enough, I’m gonna build the numbers 318 into a 347 stroker and put it back. It’s been just like the pic since I finished it in 93. It was originally B7 with B5 interior and a black top. I’ve really felt fortunate to have been able to have bought it. I’ve turned down some stupid offers for it, but I just like it and plan on keeping it until I kick over.
03C6CECF-6D41-4D9F-BA99-6FA77880C69C.jpeg

JDMopar

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my former 71 GY3 Challenger. I sold it back to one of the previous owners whenever my wife & I bought our permanently set up camper at the beach. If I hadn’t known it was going back to a great caretaker, I never could have sold it. It is in Oregon now.
20927B12-6765-45AB-94DB-DDA2BFC853D6.jpeg
471E1658-C77D-4B2B-B39B-70C511048BCC.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice stuff, welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Have you registered that A66 car in the registry yet?

Xcudame

Reaction score
The cool thing about the small block Mopars is the valves open dead center on the cylinders, so that stroker 318 can run the big valved aluminum heads with no problem!

JDMopar

Reaction score
The cool thing about the small block Mopars is the valves open dead center on the cylinders, so that stroker 318 can run the big valved aluminum heads with no problem!
Yeah, it will be a pretty simple motor. .030 over 318 with a 360 crank with the mains turned down to 318-340 std size. Probably will turn the counterweights down on the crank to miss the skirts. I have a set of aluminum heads to work for it too, and an LD340 standing by for duty. :)

Back