• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the E body world, New Mopar 440 #s to verify

juGGernaut

Reaction score
Good evening,
Names Richard, living in the PNW. Recently acquired a 72' Barracuda transformed into a Cuda with a 440. Was bought from New York roughly 15 years ago, have a little bit of paperwork, and was transferred to the west coast. Driven for about 7 years, then sat for 8. Thats when I bought it, and have done a TON of work to it since. Recently pulled the motor, finally, and I was able to get pics of the motor #s incase anyone was looking for this engine. Wanting to identify #s to see whats been done to the engine if anything. I'll post pics, and pics of the car and my progress. Love to join the family, and looking forward to reading a ton of forums.

IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2707 (1).jpg

juGGernaut

Reaction score
Sorry for the photo dump. To date, Rear disc conversion, fuel system completely gone thru including tank and resealing, brake lines replaced, master cylinder and brake booster replaced, every single wire removed, wiring harness 70% done, interior rust removal and protection with por-15, sound deadening, new carpet, new headliner yet to be installed, rear end rebuilt (8.75 489 sure grip 3.91), rear air bags were replaced with new shocks, and 3" lift rear leaf springs.

Yet to be bought or done:
Dash cluster, wanting to go with something more modern, that fits in the dash properly like autometer from classic industries.
Rag top hast been removed yet, need the clips for the trim for it, then i can remove, rust proof and install a new rag top.
Transmission still hasnt been removed.
Drivers floor panel has a metal patch where the floor has rust thru.
Rear quarters above rear tires have rust and dent from car sitting on tires for years cause the air bags leaked.

Im sure theres more I've done, and haven't done that I haven't listed, but you get the general idea.

Edit, I have tons of stuff left over from this car, had an extra dash with a thermo mold cover that I used in place of original dash, extra set of wheels(magnum) that I'll get pics of eventually, had an extra dash cluster and I'm not using either cluster, the rally and the other(but I've disassembled them to get try and get them to work), hvac system minus everything under the hood(everything that was under dash), old 8.75 489 housing that I replaced with a Dr. Diff heavy duty min cap version(I broke a main cap on original).

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! You’ve been busy for sure, keep it up!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice looking Cuda. For big block Mopar engine parts, it's hard to beat 440 Source!

juGGernaut

Reaction score
I thought it was the Dry Sh!tties? Ah well, unlikely that I'll be running into you, unless you ever come over for the western WA Mopar shows.

You should try to connect with @terrywalker , I think he is over in your neck of the woods.

Good luck with your Cuda :thumbsup:
Ha, it’s something alright.
Thank you all for the compliments. She’s getting there, and a lot of work still to do. I’ll be posting in other sections with issues I’m trying to resolve

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Nice work, keep us posted on your progress.
I like the slotted mags. Are you going to keep them?

Back