• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newb here

BigB

Reaction score
Hello all,

Who am I?

My name is Brandon, 33 yrs old, I live in South Jersey and I enjoy classic muscle cars. I've been hooked on classic cars ever since my manager at Burger King took me for a ride in his 69' Bonneville and pulled the front wheels off the ground. I used to own a Augusta Green 68' Cougar Xr7 automatic with the 390 2v about 5 years ago. It was advertised as a yard driver, but I pushed it further and took it to a cruise night, car club meeting, and even ran a dozen passes at the Silver Dollar Raceway in Georgia. The spectators and announcers were very friendly and I even remember one guy offering me a beer before I pulled up to the water box! I was impressed with the Cougar because it got me to and from the drags despite only running 17's in the quarter mile.

What brings me here today?

I've got the bug again and want something to terrorize the streets in so I'm doing some research on a 74' Barracuda that's being advertised at $17,800. The owner is saying it has a 440 with a 6-pack stroked out to a 520. He says it's a numbers matching car, but I'm not sure 74' Barracudas even came with the 440. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. It just sounds too good to be true.

1.jpg

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
First... Welcome to the site. There were no 440's in a Cuda or Challenger 72, 73, or 74. 360 was the largest engine available
Without at least pictures and a better description there is no way to estimate value... but by your description, as short as it is ... it's too good to be true, but I would at least go look at it... you never know, people get great barn find's still

BigB

Reaction score
First... Welcome to the site. There were no 440's in a Cuda or Challenger 72, 73, or 74. 360 was the largest engine available
Without at least pictures and a better description there is no way to estimate value... but by your description, as short as it is ... it's too good to be true, but I would at least go look at it... you never know, people get great barn find's still

Thanks!

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
If you can buy that car for $17,800 do it now..... In my opinion that car appears to worth more than the asking price...a lot more...
Are you sure it's only $17,800 ??? Have you seen it in person? Do you know this person? Go in person and look at the car.. if it matches the pictures and the paper work is right ...buy it
Remember this is just my opinion

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. If those are the pics of the car you are looking at and if the rest of the underbody is as good as the exterior and the body is not full of bondo, then for $17,800 you better go get it now or someone else will.

BigB

Reaction score
If you can buy that car for $17,800 do it now..... In my opinion that car appears to worth more than the asking price...a lot more...
Are you sure it's only $17,800 ??? Have you seen it in person? Do you know this person? Go in person and look at the car.. if it matches the pictures and the paper work is right ...buy it
Remember this is just my opinion

My initial thought was exactly that, how could he only be asking $17,800 for it. The owner says his profession(Marine Biologist) doesn't allow him to enjoy the car. No, I have not seen it in person nor do I know him. I plan on seeing it in April and I'll probably bring a wingman just in case. Plus, they can help me drive it back to Jersey.

BigB

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. If those are the pics of the car you are looking at and if the rest of the underbody is as good as the exterior and the body is not full of bondo, then for $17,800 you better go get it now or someone else will.

I'm trying to get as much info as possible, hopefully I can get the VIN. If he doesn't readily provide it then I could almost assume it's another scam. But, on the otherhand he could give me a bogus VIN.

quapman

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness that is FEBO. I'm jumping on the pig pile and agreeing that the car you're showing us is a super deal. The VIN won't tell you much other than it's a BH (Barracuda) or BS (cuda) and the year & engine the car originally came with. 5th digit of "G" is 318 and "L" is 360. 6th digit is year and should be a "4" for 1974.

BigB

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness that is FEBO. I'm jumping on the pig pile and agreeing that the car you're showing us is a super deal. The VIN won't tell you much other than it's a BH (Barracuda) or BS (cuda) and the year & engine the car originally came with. 5th digit of "G" is 318 and "L" is 360. 6th digit is year and should be a "4" for 1974.

VIN: BS2364B161464

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow New Jersey Member.
Too bad it was a scam. That would have been an unusual deal for a car in that condition and for that money.
Keep an eye on the for sale posts on this site. You could also list under cars wanted here.
Also, check out the cars-on-line -Plymouth Cars For Sale website under the Dodge and Plymouth categories
Sometimes good deals come up there.
Good luck with your hunt!
Dino2 (1).gif

BigB

Reaction score
Now I'm looking at a 1972 Plymouth Satellite with a worked 496 stroker.

BigB

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow New Jersey Member.
Too bad it was a scam. That would have been an unusual deal for a car in that condition and for that money.
Keep an eye on the for sale posts on this site. You could also list under cars wanted here.
Also, check out the cars-on-line website under the Dodge and Plymouth categories
Sometimes good deals come up there.
Good luck with your hunt!
View attachment 35853

Thanks, I'll be sure to check them out and put up a WTB post.

quapman

Reaction score
PM me for details on a 73 cuda I'm finishing up.

Back