• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

newbie 70 cuda

70racecuda

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 70 cuda that was originally a 383 stick shift car. It was only on the street until around 1974, when it became a basic drag car. It was in storage from 1979 until 1987, when my dad and I began bracket racing with it. When we started, the car an 12.50's and, in its current trim, it will run around 10.40's. It's certainly capable of much more.

My dad lost his battle with lung cancer last year and now I have the car. I'm debating whether to make it a street/strip car, or trade for a nice mopar street car that my family can ride in. You can see by the pics that at best, I could add 1 passenger. Kinda tough to cruise to the car show with a wife and 3 kids. Going bracket racing on a regular basis has become too expensive, so I want to be able to drive around town from time to time.

The car has a 440 that makes around 650HP, 727 with manual valve body and reverse pattern shift, Dana 60 w/4.88 & spool, 4-link, coil over rear shocks, fiberglass hood, trunk lid, bumpers, MSD ignition, auto meter w/ playback, air shifter. Basically everything a good bracket car needs, but with a few mod's, this could be a really nice pro street car.

I'm curious to hear what the forum thinks about trying to convert this to a street car or if anyone has any interesting street legal trades.

Thanks!

cuda1.jpg

cuda2.jpg

cuda3.jpg

cuda4.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice car, welcome to the site. It would be a lot of work to change it back to a street car, but there may be enough sentimental value in it to make it worth while. Sorry to hear about your dad.

ramenth

Reaction score
Nice car, welcome to the site. It would be a lot of work to change it back to a street car, but there may be enough sentimental value in it to make it worth while. Sorry to hear about your dad.

I agree with all the above. Some mods to the cage and you could go the pro-street route.

Welcome to the site and my condolences on your father's passing.

Back