• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Non-AC Water Pump Pulley AC Crank Pulley

GregDaro

Reaction score
I have a 70 Challenger with factory AC. The AC is not working and I want to remove that mongo compressor. Bought a non-AC pulley but the diameter is larger than the AC pulley and it hits the crank pulley.

I cannot find a smaller diameter pulley with the 3” drop needed to align with the alternator. I do not want to change the crank pulley since I will be putting AC in it in the future.

Anybody know what would work and where I can buy it?

bc3j

Reaction score
I have a 70 Challenger with factory AC. The AC is not working and I want to remove that mongo compressor. Bought a non-AC pulley but the diameter is larger than the AC pulley and it hits the crank pulley.

I cannot find a smaller diameter pulley with the 3” drop needed to align with the alternator. I do not want to change the crank pulley since I will be putting AC in it in the future.

Anybody know what would work and where I can buy it?
I did the same thing. Bought a non AC double groove crank pulley and a non AC water pump pulley from 440 Source for my 383 RT. It worked perfectly for me as I was also able to achieve an acceptable alternator pulley ratio with the 440 Source non AC double groove pulley. You can always put the AC crank pulley back on in the future.

Last edited:
Back