• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pricing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, new here..have B-body's, but am looking at adding a 70 T/A Challenger to the mix. I have one on the hook, but am looking for pricing help. The car would be a #2-. Go Mango, detailed, automatic, factory replacement block. Nice car. Thoughts on value?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

KR

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are serious about getting an appraisal on this car, you need someone qualified, who can go to the car and do a knowledgeable and thorough inspection. $46000. is a lot of money. If someone on this site said yeah, go for it. Would you?? Unless you have that much ready cash, anybody financing the loan would want a proper appraisal before they would fund it anyway.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Start looking at sales history of comparables on the Internet, not asking prices but what they're selling for. Check the insurance companies that cover classics, they usually have value guides. An appraisal is a great idea as Leo mentioned but if you choose to forgo that at least take along another Mopar guy or two to look at it.
Oh and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Last edited:

kennyr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done my research online. Auction results have similar cars selling in the 50-60 range. Auctions can be misleading. Hagerty has the value at around 60. I was asking here for some real world input, as that is what counts...guys with similar cars who have sold them in the current market. I'm in Canada, and the car is appraised at $70,000.00 CDN, but appraisals are just that...appraisals. They are for insurance only, and don't reflect market value, which is generally a lot lower.

kennyr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have pics at the moment. I've done my research online. Auction results say 50-60, and the appraisal is done at $70,000.00, but that is just an appraisal. Only good for insurance. Was hoping for some real world help from anyone who has sold one in the current market.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say if it had the original drive train then it would be worth in the mid 50's. But without the motor it may be a little high at 46k.
I know AAR Cuda are going in the 70's. But they are always worth more.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I prefer the more pronounced body lines of the Dodges, always have. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the Baracudas! Let us know what happens.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a friend that just sold a #'s matching T/A 4-speed Burnt Orange w/Burnt Orange interior car for around $34,000 It was a CA car i brought in years ago and sold it to him very solid presentable local cruise in car fully functionable and very solid

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have a friend that just sold a #'s matching T/A 4-speed Burnt Orange w/Burnt Orange interior car for around $34,000 It was a CA car i brought in years ago and sold it to him very solid presentable local cruise in car fully functionable and very solid
Oh man, I'd love to see that one! Burnt orange is one of my faves.

Gar753

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you send one of those my way!:help:

fm3426HEMI

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
non original block deduct 10-30%.. however not a deal breaker..restored numbers car are 65-85K. t/a's are on the rise.. i know of several that have traded hands recently in various stages.. also a survivor but was fm3 upper 70's. 4 speeds command a bit more.
so if you can grab for 45-50.. grab it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back