• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rally Gauges

fasjac

Reaction score
Yeah good point, I have a 70 pad in my 73 Cuda because I also like the script. The problem is that all of the investors, purists, restorers have convinced people that everything must be stock to be of any value. This is why there are like 100 people on here that only post crap for sale, trying to cash in. I love E bodies but they are not sacred or works of art, they are just cars and when the bottom falls out of the collector car market (and it will) there will be a lot of people stuck with overpriced stock show poodles. Stock sucked when they were new and even more so today.
Point taken! The scary thing is when all this paper their printing isn’t worth the ink that’s on it! At some point, it has to come due. One way or another.

70chall440

Reaction score
I see the collector car market pretty much exactly like the stock market, the "big" players will generally come out fine but its all of the "little" players that are going to take it in the back side. At some point there are going to be a lot of old cars that are not low volume Hemi or 6 pack cars that very few are going to want. Fortunately I think this will be after i am gone so I don't care. Build your car your way and don't worry about the "resale" factor...

money pit

Reaction score
one additional item that is required is the heater control panel, It is flat on the top on a rally cluster where as a non rally has a circular cut out for the larger speedo housing on the non rally cluster. It leaves a large half moon hole under the speedo if you don't change it to the rally one.
Good to know thanks

BSG

Reaction score
I put what ever I like, in and on my car. It started life a 318 2bbl AC car so there was nothing to lose. I just bought a Cuda or a barracuda dash for my latest project 71 RT 4sp and I cant see ant difference besides the name plate on the left side of the dash. On that not I was at Fall fling and thier was a company out of San Antonio that was recovering these dash's from the metal core out. I unfortunately, I gave the card I got from them to the hemi challenger guy that was parked next to me. My dumb a** didn't take a pic of the card first. If Anyone has their info it would be greatly appreciated.

71droptop

Reaction score
Converted my BH27G to 440 / 4spd. Had the front interior trim totally out of the car to weld in the tunnel. That said it was almost easy to wire up the Rallye gages with a Rallye wiring harness on the bench and load it all into the car. The back of the gage pod has initials stamped in it. Y/g ( not exact its been a while.) Point being the wires and the Pod are color coded. Yellow -green tracer. With the dash out I was able to run Reverse light out where factory had intended ( behind power brake booster)- as well as run the tach wire. Replaced the tach once to get Re-calibrated. Dash was now in the car. OMG. Upside down , laying on my back- not enough light or room. Yes the trim around the column is different. Loaded the Rallye into the dash. Located the dash on the bolts by lower kick panels and it pivoted right in. Its a job- but if you are doing a dash pad and gages- I would pull it all out and load it all back in. Dont remember if the heater assembly was in the car. Im sure someone here has had the experience more recently. Have the gages been gone over ? Good Luck

PlumCrazyCuda

Reaction score
Converted my BH27G to 440 / 4spd. Had the front interior trim totally out of the car to weld in the tunnel. That said it was almost easy to wire up the Rallye gages with a Rallye wiring harness on the bench and load it all into the car. The back of the gage pod has initials stamped in it. Y/g ( not exact its been a while.) Point being the wires and the Pod are color coded. Yellow -green tracer. With the dash out I was able to run Reverse light out where factory had intended ( behind power brake booster)- as well as run the tach wire. Replaced the tach once to get Re-calibrated. Dash was now in the car. OMG. Upside down , laying on my back- not enough light or room. Yes the trim around the column is different. Loaded the Rallye into the dash. Located the dash on the bolts by lower kick panels and it pivoted right in. Its a job- but if you are doing a dash pad and gages- I would pull it all out and load it all back in. Dont remember if the heater assembly was in the car. Im sure someone here has had the experience more recently. Have the gages been gone over ? Good Luck
I second doing the pad/gauges together out of the car. So much easier to do it out of the car. If just doing gauges, you can do it in or out of the car. If you want to do it in the car, you need to drop the steering column.

Another thing to consider is the wipers. If you want to keep the 2-speed wipers, you need to swap the 2-speed switch from the standard gauges to the rallye switch panel, or if you want to upgrade to 3-speed wipers, you need the 3-speed wiper motor and linkage too.

Back