• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rally Hood Name Plate Retainers

pschlosser

Reaction score
IMG_1988.JPG
I've seen two types of retainers on those little pointy posts behind the rally hood name plates.

#1 white plastic sleeves
#2 metal clips (pictured)

Are both of these correct for all years of E-body rally hood name plates?

I'm hunting for some of these, and think I could fabricate the plastic ones from shrunken white shrink tubing. I bought some emblem repops for a project and they came without any retainers. I'm left wondering where I can get some, or what I can use, and still look somewhat OEM.

Using the screw on nuts used by the shaker hood may be a bad idea. I have one experience where someone tried to abscond with (steal) the rally hood names plates from a car and broke them all to heck, because of those screw on nuts. I guess if someone is going to rip you off, you want them to break the item in the process. The only problem with that, is they scratched up the paint in the process.

Last edited:

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
I've never seen metal barrel nuts factory.
All of mine were the white plastic type.
And I've had a "few" to compare.

Reaction score
My 70 440-6 Cuda that I've owned since 1972 has the metal barrel retainers. I have seen the white plastic retainers used but I don't know what years they started doing that.

Back