• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Re Barracuda vin

ebody70

Reaction score
I purchased a 1973 Barracuda from an estate sale , the car has a 440 4 speed ( pistol grip ) . The car has been sitting a long time and i bought it thinking it was a good parts car. To my surprise when i picked up the car i was given a title with it . The title is what i have a question with , it shows BW23G, the question i have is ......has anyone seen a Barracuda title with a BW designation on it ? I have seen alot of these cars and never one with a BW designation . The other thing here is the dash vin does not match the title but the radator support vin does match the title ( at least numerically ) My feeling here is the title is a typo , but im not sure . Any help or thoughts would be appreciated

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Sounds like a typo on the title and someone replaced the dash and did not exchange the vin tag.

Pics please !! Fender tag, door tag, vin stamps on cowl and radiator support.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I agree that someone at some time changed out the dash and didnt swap the VIN.
If the cowl, radiator support match than thats most likely the case.

Not sure how you would go about getting the VIN fixed though.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Sounds like just a typo with the title. Probably been that way for a long time. The county title/registrar people have no idea that a BW23 Barracuda does not exist.
Scott.

rklein71

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on a 69 383-s Barracuda I owned until just recently. The numbers that indicate the body style was typoed with a number that didn't exist. Just took it down to the DMV, had a couple cops verify it and had the title changed.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on a 69 383-s Barracuda I owned until just recently. The numbers that indicate the body style was typoed with a number that didn't exist. Just took it down to the DMV, had a couple cops verify it and had the title changed.

I think your right, getting the typo fixed is not a big deal.
The problem is that he dosent have the correct VIN on the car.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It is all speculation until he comes back to the site. popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Back