• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

rear disc brake conversion

390racer

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a rear disc brake conversion kit for the 8 3/4 in a 72 Challenger.
Thanks

Tonker1

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing a full brake system change to Wilwood front and rear discs. I'll be able to tell you how they are in a month or two, one they've arrived and been fitted. I prefer to do all the work on the car myself, but when it comes to brake installations, its time for a professional!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
you have to watch the width or the rear calipers or they will hit the sway bar

Brads70

Reaction score
I just installed a new Dana and rear disc kit( 10.7") from DrDiff. They fit great!I'm using a Hotchkis rear sway bar. I haven't had them on the road yet as I'm still busy with a motor swap.

001-15.jpg

002-14.jpg

020-2.jpg

Tonker1

Reaction score
Scratch that, the only Wilwood rear kit that fits my 73 Chall axle flange offset doesn't have any facility for a park brake which Is required for road registration in my state of Australia.
Looks like I'll be sourcing from else where.
Has anyone else had this issue, more to the point, has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
SsBC & the Dr Diff kit both have the park brake but will it the rear sway bar if you have one

Back