• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Sway Bar Bushings

71ChallRT

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for rear sway bar frame bushings? Seems nobody carries them since they weren't serviced on the E bodies. Just serviced as a whole frame support assembly. Mine are weathered and worn. What do you replace them with?

71ChallRT

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try Dale's but I haven't seen anyone who carries them yet after google searches and everything. PST etc. carry ones to go in their aftermarket bracket setups, but not the factory supports. I have been trying to find one that is a 3/4" hole, with the same dimensions as the stock one, but haven't found any. Thanks for the help and the replies.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
use a poly /energy suspension bushing , you can buy then separatly , you may have to cut the strap & reweld to install them

jeffv21

Reaction score
Is the strap suppose to be welded to the bracket that bolts to frame?

burdar

Reaction score
Yes, the strap was welded to the frame bracket from the factory. That's why the bushings weren't serviceable. There isn't a direct replacement for the bushing. You'll have to modify an existing bushing to fit. I was able to find a nice set of original bushings to use. I had to drill the spot welds and reweld the straps to replace them.

Adam

Reaction score
Mine were welded.

I just used some generic urethane bushings I found online... probably less than $20. IMG_3031.jpgFactory  rear sway bar.jpg
Because some people say the urethane bushings squeak I added a grease fitting and drilled
a hole thru the bushing down to the bar.
You will have to drill out the spot welds, and re-weld after inserting the new bushings.

IMG_3031.jpg

Factory  rear sway bar.jpg

jeffv21

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for your help. I know what I am putting on this week now:icon_biggrin:

Back