• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

RED CAP 12V AGM style Battery - In stock??? BatteryMall???

hofilbert

Reaction score
My red capped AGM repro MOPAR battery crapped out. I've been looking around and cannot find another replacement battery. Everyone says OUT OF STOCK or DISCONTINUED or COMING SOON. I did find BATTERY CENTRAL MALL in Virginia, but I have seen SO many bad reviews with them it truly scares me. There are many, many warnings and bad reviews of them.

I know I can find something else, but it looks great in my car, so its worth the extra $ to see it there. Your help in locating one is appreciated. Thanks! Phil
Like this...
MD2470.jpg

tony tav

Reaction score
Can you hollow out the battery, save the case and install a smaller odyssey battery instead, there were directions on how to do it posted on here a wile back. Have seen it done, looks and works pretty good

Adam

Reaction score
Save it for shows, buy a modern battery for reliability.

There are also ways to revive an old battery, if you look online.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I got mine from them, no problem. My friend got one also and had a small problem later on and they took car of it for what it’s worth. I see Jegs shows them but I wonder where they get them from. How many people are actually making them.

benlavigne

Reaction score
Got mine from JiM,s Battery Products – Jim’s Battery Manufacturing a couple of months ago, they took over Antique Auto Battery,s business a few months ago. They basically manufacture for retailers such as JEG's, Battery Central, etc.. and at this point, batteries are made to order until business gets up to speed. It IS a ''Modern'' AGM battery, (no acid) in a repro case, best of both worlds!

Ben

hofilbert

Reaction score
I heard there were 2 shops making the vintage style AGM batteries, but one closed, so now only one shop is making them in the vintage Mopar style. Everyone, including Battery Central Mall goes on a waiting list of about 6-8 weeks. It may be Jim's that makes them, and quite possibly the only shop left making them all...but WOW, Jim's shop has worse reviews and even a few legal issues going on. I've heard you must call at 8:00am to 8:30am if you want to talk with someone. The phone message machine is FULL. The website is pretty much non-functional too. Its sad. It under new ownership from Antique Auto Battery, so maybe they are going thru growing pains and a learning curve. I bought a cheapy local battery and was put on a waiting list for the vintage AGM Mopar battery. Sit back and wait I guess.

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
I got mine from Battery Central no problem, nice guy, I think his name was Wayne, free shipping and it was shipped from Jim the in a box from the former antique auto battery. Turbo start also has new owners and say the will eventually have them but I didn’t want to wait.

Back