• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

road racing a Challenger

racChallenger340

Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm crazy, but living the dream. 70 challenger 340, 3sp auto. Don't have any photos. In my 4th year trying, got my scca tt lic, now if I could only get good brakes. Have to drive to and from the track so always struggling to find better tires. All help. suggestions welcome.

moparleo

Reaction score
Try to overinflate your tires before you go to the track, readjust the pressure when you get there. The tires will run cooler and less wear when overinflated. Just reinflate before comming back. I don't know what the rules are for upgrading your brakes.

racChallenger340

Reaction score
the only rule is the size of my checking account. Currently running 11 rotor and larger slip caliper, and firm feel pads. Fades really fast, scary by the end. Looking maybe to upgrade to viper clipers and 13" rotors but a liitle confused, nobody I can find sells it all. This will be my 3rd upgrade, trying to get it right. I have professional help but I need to find somebody whose done it.
As for tires running Pirelli Pzeo system, 36psi cold. I really need slicks but can't risk driving on the road.
Thanks for the welcome...HELP NEEDED
Bill

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
A friend did the best Viper conversion I have seen , the link is on Cuda-Challenger.com in the tech/ brake section as a sticky but I cannot post a link to the post sorry

racChallenger340

Reaction score
thanks for all the responses, I think I'm going to go with Dr. diff, 13' rotors and gen2 viper calipers

racChallenger340

Reaction score
I put a couple of photos in my gallery, my front brake project may have changed direction, hope to have an answer soon

racChallenger340

Reaction score
done all that already, have the T bars, Nascar tubular upper arms, removed rear leafs and added coilovers and panhard rod, changed alignment, played with longer ball joints, added 17 inch wheels, Pirelli P zero system tires front 225 rear 285
As far as brakes found product from Baer through the shop I use, 13 in rotors, 2 piston front calipers, hubs and hardware. A kit they use to offer. Using it because of offset, calipers are thinner than 4 piston.
should have it in a couple of weeks, finger crossed. This caliper has plenty of pad choices.
have some suspension pics but don't know how to post so they will appear in this reply.

Brads70

Reaction score
Love to see some pictures when you can! Go to photobucket.com start a free account , upload your pictures there then when you place your mouse arrow over the picture left click on the IMG CODE and it should say copied, then come on here and right click on where you want to reply and click paste. Easy really! Hope that helps?
Brad

Back