• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Roller rocker reconditions.

Cratos

Reaction score
I am thinking about switching to roller rockers since the ones in my motor at 50+ years old. back in the day I used crane rockers on my blower motor and was very happy with them.
I see all kinds of different rockers out there now. what are the ones to stay away from and who make good affordable ones now? just a 383 six pack street car.

thanks for your input.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
From my buddy (in his mid 50's) that drag races an alky small block in a roadster: Harland Sharp are very good and have a lifetime warranty. T&D are spendy , but also very good. Stay away from Crane, Comp Cams, and generic Summit or Jegs stuff.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I second the "stay away from needle bearings". And if it really is mainly a street car, I perfer iron/steal rockers. For valve lift in the .5" range and lower, the factory stamped steal are a pretty dang good rocker. They're just not a true 1.5:1 ratio. More like 1.46:1.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
No Neeedle brg rockers for me either , I saw a high mileage engine with groves worn into the shafts as there is almost no surface area & the rocker doesn't move far .
Iron Rockers like the factory used , Crane used to make them are extremely reliable & PRW makes a bushed Stainless rocker which is also good .

Back