• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

runs rich after warmed up.

Cratos

Reaction score
any Ideas what would cause running rich after warmed up??
when first started and for about 5 miles running around 12-13 to 1 but drops the <10 after that it is a six pack with 66 center 90 outboards and 1.5 PV cam is a 284/484 six pack cam.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Well definitely jetted on the rich side for sure. I'm run 63 or 64 center and 82 ob. After that could be many things- fuel bowl level, blown pv, air filter restriction, air bleeds blocked or choke not unloading. Each of these are pretty easy to check anyways. You running a stock fuel pump?
Andy

Cratos

Reaction score
running Areomotive Stealth fuel system with return. seem funny that in till it warms up the afr gauge reads around 12-13

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Have you tried anything to fix this? If not, how about keeping the choke wide open with either a zip tie, or a piece of wire or some small vice grips and do your 5 mile drive. If that fixes it I think I know your problem.
Andy

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
When cold the engine always want slightly more fuel once warm you have proper atomization so this completely makes sense , so it comes down to tuning , I would start by dropping the fuel pressure slightly 5.5-6 psi , drop the jetting down to 62 , make sure the float levels are right on . Air bleeds can be a problem as you cannot change them & they are set for a stock cam , with a performance cam the bleeds can be the wrong size .

Cratos

Reaction score
been adjusting now a bit lean in till warm then running 14-15 on the afr gauge, getting there

70sixpkrt

Reaction score
What have you been adjusting? What is your vacuum? I run 64 in middle, 6.5 pv, and 80s on all 4 corners.

Old Mopar

Reaction score
any Ideas what would cause running rich after warmed up??
when first started and for about 5 miles running around 12-13 to 1 but drops the <10 after that it is a six pack with 66 center 90 outboards and 1.5 PV cam is a 284/484 six pack cam.
Overjetted!!!!!!!!!
62s in the ctr and recheck the chart for th outboards as they are wayyyy over as well.
Then that crappy cam [ not a "six pak" cam!] that everyone thinks is good...that cam is good for only wot drag racers. Requires a ton of initial timing advance like 18 btdc minimum. POOR drivability.
Probably missing the 195 degree thermostat as well.
All of this has been discussed for years but no one pay attention. Plenty of good tech already written by others. Go look.

Back