• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaded Bar

BigMopar440

Reaction score
Recently started getting a white shaded bar across the bottom of pages. It had a button to eliminate it. Now the button is gone. Why is the bar there?

Thanks.

BigMopar440

Reaction score
The X doesn't come up at all after any amount of time. What changed that the bar started showing up to begin with?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The X doesn't come up at all after any amount of time. What changed that the bar started showing up to begin with?

Screenshot_1.png

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
There is nothing is the shaded area. No add no message nothing.
Are you on a phone or a PC? Can you take a screenshot of it? I’m not seeing nothing like that on mine. I’m using a iPhone.

MarkLevi

Reaction score
Confirming; same here and I also use a PC - running Firefox. Additionally - across all of the forums that I frequent: For A/B/C/E Bodies Only. For a time after its initial appearance after a recent update, there was, indeed, and "X" button to close the overlay. That has since disappeared and there is no avenue to rid the screen of it. I have not attempted to troubleshoot/devise a local remedy.

MarkLevi

Reaction score
@Joeychgo - Possibly this script is the culprit?
Script.jpg

I now see why we only get a paltry few messages to fill our inboxes....you get them all!!:rofl:

(JK - no ban hammer please 😬🙏)

Adam

Reaction score
When I use Duck Duck go, on an I pad (my usual) I have the above described problem. When I access the site from my phone I can close the box. And if I use Safari I can close the box.

TomIGo

Reaction score
The issue you folks are having is probably due to DuckDuckGo, or you are running Ad Blocking software which has the same effect as using DuckDuckGo. That area of the screen is an Ad space, and DuckDuckGo as well as Ad Blocking software will stop certain Ads from showing as well as not allow any scripts to run that are defined within that Ad space. The script to display the "X" and allow you to close it is within the Ad space.

I use Firefox (no DuckDuckGo) on my phone with the NoScript extension and the area also has no "X" to close it because NoScript is blocking the Ad space.

NoScript is nice because you can control what domains are allowed or not allowed to run scripts in your browser. I have domains like googlesyndication.com, googletagmanager.com, doubleclick.net and others permenantly blocked so non sites that use those tools can show me ads, or track my web usage.

That Ad space appears to be "owned" by Ezoic, and DuckDuckGo (as well as my NoScript) is blocking content from that domain. Also, the cookies being used by Ezoic are being blocked due to issues with how they are defined (per Firefox they are misusing the "SameSite" attribute). So if those cookies are needed to make the Ad display work, it won't!

BigMopar440

Reaction score
Thanks Tom

I figured it was ad related and have resigned myself to having to live with it. I appreciate the details.

Back