• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shift Knob

ZNormT6

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am replacing the shift knob in my 70 Slap Stik Equipped Cuda. I got the old one off but I can't get the new one on. Please HELP! The button keeps popping back up out of the shift knob

moparleo

Reaction score
Was the original worn out or broken. Or just worn on the exterior ? If it was still functional when you removed it, you should be able to compare both of the parts and see any difference. They were not that complex of a part.

ZNormT6

Reaction score
The outside finish was just worn and It worked perfectly fine. When I screw either the old or new knob back on now it won't go into park or 1st gear. Then when I unscrew the knob a little more I get 1st gear but still no park. If I unscrew more the button flies off. The shifter works fine with no knob on it.

Moparparts

Reaction score
The knob can not be screwed on too far or it will not let the shifter function correctly. If when you back it off enough to make it work the push button pops off either the threads near the bottom of the black push putton are stripped or the small split pin on the lower area of the push rod is broke and could also have the lower internal spring broke

Back