• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shipping Large stuff

ogre

Reaction score
I was wondering how you can ship items like engine blocks and rear axles or even hoods with out getting killed financially.
Is there a best company for shipping on pallets, do they bring them and bundle your stuff or what. ? What is a reasonable amount to pay for shipping is it per mile, weight.
I keep getting quotes for more than the item purchased. very frustrating.

thanks

moparlifer

Reaction score
I shipped a large heavy item that weighed about 200# on AMTRAK train. Called around shippers and truckers and this was the cheapest per # for heavy stuff. that was about 15 years ago but worth a shot. needs to be crated of course. good luck!

pschlosser

Reaction score
Freight. Shipping pallets of goods can be done using freight. In the past, I have used DHL and FedEx.

The company will, generally, pickup your item. It must be ready to go, so strapping it or bolting it to the pallet may be all you need. I have also wrapped my item(s) in the shrink plastic, that looks like kitchen plastic wrap.

Be sure to let them know you do NOT have a forklift, and they will be sure to bring a truck with a lift gate. They often have the pallet jack for moving it around.

Expect to pay at least, $200-300 for the service.

The first time, I brought the pallet to the depot using a pickup truck, and we had problems getting it out of there, so driveway pickup has been my "goto" method, since.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
I have used Fastenal a few times. They are reasonable but they only ship regional. Seems like the Mississippi River is the barrier. Anywhere East or West but not Coast to Coast.

heminut

Reaction score
I have shipped doors and fenders via Greyhound for reasonable prices.
Same hear. I shipped a pair of Chrysler 392 Hemi heads on Greyhound years ago. I made boxes out of plywood and 1"x 6" wood and boxed them separately. It was long ago enough that I don't remember the cost, but after researching it I found them to be the most reasonable for that. those heads were 75 lbs each!

Pepe70

Reaction score
I used to do shipping big parts like fenders and doors using grayhound but they stop doing shipping last year on September here in San diego ca and I am stuck know my my big parts that I have.
I know that is other company forward air but I never used before.
But if you find something that work let me know😅😅

BuckeyeCuda

Reaction score
Yeah, I have shipped fenders and received hoods through Greyhound, but since they discontinued their shipping operation, am stuck trying to ship a bumper and a windshield for a 58 Dodge to some folks who want parts which I do not need.

If anyone has a recommendation for shipping large body parts, please share...

Back