• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

standard dash or rally dash identification helpp

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Here's the '70/1.
image.jpeg

Here's '72/4
image.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It's a very nicely restored instrument cluster and bezel but I'm afraid it's been frankensteined. The tach is the correct one as its an 8 grand compared to the 7 grand units used in the later clusters.

Joseph paul

Reaction score
It's a very nicely restored instrument cluster and bezel but I'm afraid it's been frankensteined. The tach is the correct one as its an 8 grand compared to the 7 grand units used in the later clusters.
thanks alot mate,this is a rallye dash aye?just to confirm as im planning to change the dash harness

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What I can't tell you is if the harness is different between the early and late ones. You might want to actually talk to someone if you call the order in.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
He is correct. You have the newer cluster with the earlier 8k tach. The bezels have a decal wood grain. Do the gauges have decals to restore them also. I have seen 7k tachs with the 8k decal.

Joseph paul

Reaction score
i still cant spot the difference on the dash ,can someone make a mark on the pictures and upload them...its driving me bloody insaneo_O

DetMatt1

Reaction score
As JS29 stated the small chrome reset knobs come right out of the faces of the two gauges through the clear lense and the seat belt warning light is the coin sized hole all the way to the right where the bezel wraps forward. Those details are on '72 and later cars. Your car should not have the seat belt warning light at all and the 2 chrome reset knobs come right through the wood grain bezel below and in between the gauges.

Back